Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Fiddler~ Amish Book Review






Oh ~ did I ever enjoy this book. This book is the first book to the Home To Hickory Hollow series. Beverly outdid herself on this book. And I should know because I have read all of her books and series. 

Amelia Devries is a talented  musician who has spent her whole life performing as a classical fiddler. She feels like life is passing her by and she is missing out on a "real life."   Not wanting to hurt her father who taught her all he knew she keeps performing.

She secretly picks up a new hobby as a country fiddler with a different stage name. How long before she will be found out? 

A happen stance meeting with an Amish man named Michael Hosteler changes her whole perspective on a simple life.  Only she is English and he is Amish~ their love can not be allowed to blossom for it could never be~ or could it?

I loved this book and I give it 5 stars.  This is my favorite summer read of 2012.

This book was provided to me by Bethany Publishers in exchange for my honest review. 



4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

ok, Carrie, you made me want to read it! :) Sounds so good!

Have a great day! :)

Tammy

NanaNor's said...

Hi Carrie, I love Beverly's writings too and am headed to the library now to see if they have a copy. I should check to see what other books you've reviewed. I think it is great to be able to review them in exchange for the book-sounds like a win-win situation.
Hugs, Noreen

Patty said...

Just haven't been in the mood to read lately. I have a couple of unfinished books going now that I need to get back to. I do like Beverly Lewis's books though. Maybe I could catch this when things slow down. Have a great day, Carrie.

Marie said...

Me too! I am thinking this needs to go on my reading list!!! I enjoy Beverly Lewis as well.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details