Monday, June 25, 2012

Wild Blackberries~







Looky what I found~ yummy wild blackberries growing on the back of Farming On Faith. They are as sweet as candy. They were a little prickly getting to but they were oh so worth it. 

Blackberry Cobbler~


1/2 stick butter
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh blackberries (rinse and pat dry)


Whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in melted butter.


Grease a 3 quart baking dish with butter. Pour batter into dish. Sprinkle berries over the batter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Bake for about an hour ~folks. Can't ya just hear Paula saying that? Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and bake 10 more minutes. Serve with ice cream! Yummy!




Welcome Barn Hop Friends~ so glad you stopped by!




8 comments:

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

The kids have been picking wild raspberries all the time- I think I might try this recipe with those! Thanks!!!

Patty said...

I think we have some growing at the edge of our backyard also. I will have to go pick some.

Domestic Goddess said...

For six years I hunted our little farmette for blackberries and couldn't find any. This year we went out and bought 4 blackberry bushes and planted them in the "orchard". As I was in the field helping Hubby put in the electric fence, I noticed blackberry bushes growing along the stream...15 feet of blackberry bushes fully loaded with unripened berries! If I can beat the birds to them, I will have enough for cobblers and jam!

Marie said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! Those look soooo amazing! We had homemade goats milk wild blackberry ice cream Saturday at a friends house and it was divine!

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

I tried the recipe, but the batter was really runny and the butter would not mix in, so I ended up adding an extra cup of flour and 2 tsp. of baking soda. It seemed to turn out OK and it was all gobbled up yesterday. :)

Heather said...

Oh yum I have been thinking about planting some bushes on our land they are my favorite :) ~Have a great week ahead. Love Heather

Farming On Faith said...

Glad it worked out for you.

It is the Pioneer Woman's recipe. It worked great for me but I had to cook it a bit longer and I used my Mix-Aid.

Have a wonderful day.
It is a hot one here in Missouri!

MyJourneyBack said...

Yummy I miss them so much. My grandfather raised them. Then many years later one of the pastures we rented had wild black berries. Oh reminds me of fun times. I'll have to write a post! Thanks for the sweet reminder.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details