Saturday, July 28, 2012

Heart To Heart And Hand In Paw

Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw is a true tale of faith and the healing bonds of animals. Luanne’s story shares how our pets can love, comfort and teach us as we take our own journey through life.


Imagine my surprise when one of my bloggy friends asked me if I would consider reviewing her book. My love for my chickens assured her that I would enjoy her book~  and that I did.
Peggy Frezon is an author of a memoir Dieting With My Dog. She is an award -winning author and pet columnist, she is a regular contributor to Guidepost and Angels on Earth magazines, a staff writer at Be the Change for Animals. She is also a blog friend with a wonderful blog~ Peggy's Pet Place. 


This book is the story of her mother's life ( Luanne) and is dedicated to her. It was Luanne's dream to live a simple life. Much like our dream when we built Farming On Faith. They built their own home and learned to live off the land ~ filling their land with all sorts of critters. I couldn't help but laugh along the way while imaging some of the same things we faced building our own home. I loved hearing all the tales of the animals she adopted and helped along the way.

They soon realize that homesteading is not without its challenges for sure~ as Peggy put it so well.

  • The dog has separation anxiety.
  • The goose is afraid of water.
  • There is a fox in the pigpen.
  • There are raccoons in the hen house.
  • And the truck has slide into the pond.

My favorite part is how the building did not get done as planned and Luanne ~ a teacher~ lived in a school bus through an entire winter -no less. What a women!
Luanne learned that through the bonds she formed with God's creatures she found healing. She shares how our pets can offer us love, comfort , healing and even teach us a lesson or two along our journey through this life. 

Peggy~ thank you for sharing your mom's story with me. I so enjoyed reading your book. What an incredible story.

You can visit Peggy by clicking here~



2 comments:

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Sounds like a book my best friend would enjoy...she is truly one of the great animal lovers I know:-)

I will share this with her.

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.

Connie

Peggy Frezon said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book, and that it reminded you a bit of some of your own journey. Have a wonderful day!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details