Saturday, August 11, 2012

Banana~ Blueberry Bread


Happy Saturday~
Oh I was doing the happy dance this morning when I woke up to a crisp~ cool morning. It is a beautiful day here. After such hot days I am soaking up the cool air. 

This week I could not help myself when I spotted a huge bag of ripe bananas at the Grocer for only $1.00. I was just waiting for this cool morning to bake them up.  I have been wanting to try this recipe and it is so good and moist.

I am making an Amish size batch to use all those bananas. I made the recipe times four and it turned out wonderful. 





Blueberry-Banana Bread

1 cup mashed bananas
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 pecans~ chopped
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 5/8 cups of flour
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries or 1/2 cup of fresh

Dredge blueberries in 2 tablespoons of flour. Gently stir blueberries together with oats and nuts, 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, and salt.

In mixing bowl cream shortening, slowly adding sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs one at a time. Beating the egg after each addition. Stir in mashed bananas.

Mix the blueberry mixture with the creamed mixture~ stir until moist and well mixed.

Pour into greased and floured bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely on a wire rack.

Enjoy~

9 comments:

Tina❀ said...

Wasn't this a perfect kinda day for baking? This looks delicious and something I will definitely be trying! My two favorites, bananas & blueberries...yum! Bless your heart for sharing!

Susan said...

Looks delicious :) What temperature did you bake it at for 55 minutes?

Thanks,

Susan

cindy said...

Yum-Yum
I’m going to make this!!

cindy

Barbara said...

That sounds real good, it has been so hot here I have not baked in a while, looking forward to cool weather again, some out of the 90's any how.

Farming On Faith said...

Thanks Tina~ It was yummy. I froze an extra and gave some away at church.Give it a try!

Farming On Faith said...

Sorry Susan~
I get going way to fast for my own good. Bake it at 350 degrees.
Have a wonderful day. It is still cool and i am loving it.

Farming On Faith said...

Good Morning Friend~
It is still nice and cool here~ I have the windows open.
I think that we will have an early Autumn if the Farmer's Almanac is right. Sure hope so!

Patty said...

Things are so busy now but I would like to make this. Have a great day!

Danice said...

Wow, I have just now found your blog, and love Amish recipes. Thank you for these :)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details