Thursday, September 20, 2012

"All I Know Is I'm Not Home Yet~ This Is Not Where I Belong"






It has been a while since I have had a "Grammy Moment"  My little Boston is getting so big. He calls me his friend Grammy. I will be heading out for his third birthday soon. 

I was reading my devotion this morning about Heaven and the song~  Where I Belong  ~keeps playing in my head. It is Boston's favorite song and sometimes I am lucky enough for him to sing it to me on facetime. 




 It seems like everyday I wake up and turn on the news and it is so alarming. How in the world did we get here?~ But that is another post for another time. It just makes me homesick for a country to which I've never been before~ where no sad goodbyes will be spoken~ Beulah Land~ Sweet Beulah Land.  

There will be no death or no more crying. 

Revelation 21:4

King James Version (KJV)
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

It will be a place of great splendor.

Revelation 21:23

King James Version (KJV)
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.




It will be a place of reunion with those who have gone before us.


1 Thessalonians 4:17

King James Version (KJV)
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

But most of all we will see Jesus ~the Son of God~ the Prince of Peace, The Lion of Judah~ my Savior.

As Boston sings ~ " All I know is I'm not home yet. This is not where I belong. Take this world and give me Jesus"~ in his sweet little voice I am  reminded that one day all the wrongs will be made right.

Taken fron The Daily Bread~ 
Many years ago a doctor made a house call on a dying patient, who asked, “Doctor, what will heaven be like?” The physician paused, trying to think of a helpful reply. Just then they heard the sound of scratching on the closed door of the patient’s bedroom.
“Do you hear that?” the doctor asked. “It’s my dog. I left him downstairs, but he got impatient and came up here looking for me. He doesn’t know what’s in this room, but he knows his master is here. I believe that’s how it is with heaven. We don’t know what it’s like, but we know that Jesus will be there. And really, nothing else matters.”



5 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you, Carrie. I loved your post today. I think all of us long for Beulah land. Just yesterday in my journal, I was writing of how I long for that Beautiful land where we will see Jesus face to face. It is the hope we have and helps for enduring this world in which we are now living.

Blessings,
Sue

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Good morning Carrie,

I just love that song too! Now it will play in my head all day! How sweet that your Boston sings it! He's so adorable!

I loved that little snipped from the Daily Bread! Thanks for sharing this today. It was a blessing to me!

Hugs,
Tammy

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Wow, I totally forgot that song. I think it was in our hymn book growing up. Now that is dating me LOL.

Lovely post. I always enjoy reading the Daily Bread.

BTW: Are you still using picmonkey? and if so, I cannot seem to figure out how to get the words on the top or bottom...only in the centre of the photos. I see that you have Farming on Faith above...and the other words below. How did you do that? If you can help or it might be too complicated to type out. Anyway, just asking LOL.

Blessings,
Connie

Lois Christensen said...

I enjoyed that quote! Have a nice visit with your grandson and as you speak in Colorado!

~willa~ said...

Carrie, your post is so beautiful. I have been longing for that wonderful home too and that song is one of my favorites. You are so right about the condition of our world..how did we get here. I was talking with a young man at my work this week and he told me he grew up in the church but he is an atheist now. He wanted to know why I am a Christian so I had an opportunity to share with him. He is convinced that evolution was the creator of man; learned that in school, imagine that!

Boston is adorable and it is so wonderful that is life is being filled with Godly music.

~willa~

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details