Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ginger Lost Her Feathers~ Where Is Your Joy?





I sometimes wander whether all pleasures are not substitutes for joy.- C. S. Lewis


Good Morning Blog Friends~
What beautiful days we are having here in Missouri. The trees are changing. Missouri has the most beautiful display of Autumn in the vibrant colors of our trees. I love fall. The nights are cool and the days are perfect.

The Farmer's Almanac is calling for a mild winter with above average temperatures. I am not so sure I believe it. Here in the Midwest we have been ahead of the calendar by a good month. Everything has bloomed a month or so before its time this entire year. I am not a betting woman but I were~ I bet we will have a frost and maybe even a snow flake or two by the end of October. That is just fine with me. I am praying for snow to make up for our lack of rain.  :)

My chickens molt each year at this time. That just means they replace their feathers and take a much needed rest from laying their eggs. Poor girls~ they look like they are running around skinned ~ plucked for Sunday dinner. They grow in really fast and it is fun to watch how they grow a bit each day. I have been giving them some special TLC. 

On a side note I am gathering all their feathers for a Thanksgiving project for my Kindergartner Art Class. Makes for perfect timing.

Kind of reminds me of me sometimes. I think we all need a time of rest and TLC sometimes. 

How is your joy level today? I read a sweet devotion about this today and thought I would share what God spoke to my heart about.

"I've got the joy~ joy~ joy down in my heart." (Where) "Down in my heart." (Where) "Down in my heart to stay." 

I sang that song in Sunday School so long ago and taught it to many little children including mine. Funny how easy it is for children to have that joy and sing it out without any of the cares of the world on their shoulders. 

 At times in the heart of the adult that joy escapes us. Oh~ there are reasons enough ~ burdens of life~ responsibility~ hurts and disappointments. 

But deep inside this adult heart~still lives that child~ and that joy~ joy~ joy! Sometimes it has sunk all the way down to my toes. A child of God has the joy deep inside them because Jesus lives in their heart and He is what brings true joy to each of us. God can not live in a heart aside from joy. 

Are you weary? Joy is what we need! Joy is where we get our strength. It helps heal the hurts and ease the pain in our lives.  It brings us peace~love~ perspective and hope. It reminds us that this world is not all it's about. It reminds us why we are on this earth and who we serve. 

Where is your joy?

I already admitted mine had sunk to my toes. So guess what I did? I went for a pedicure and found it again.  :)





Is it time for you to find your joy again? May I suggest a pedi?







5 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie Loved the toes :)
My hubby came in and gave me the sad news that our sweet old rooster had died :( Yes, my chicks look so funny with hardly any feathers. Yes, our egg production is down. Have a great week.
Blessings, Roxy

Renee McCausey said...

I agree! I think here in Michigan we also will see the snow flakes in Oct. this year and just told the kiddos that yesterday! Pedicure sounds like a great idea! I love the idea of finding joy no matter what, Count it pure joy! in James is one of my favorite verses. Our chickens are looking about the same;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Carrie!
Love your toes! I may need to get my pedi tomorrow! My joy has sunk to my toes as well. ;o) A few of our "girls" are looking pretty much the same as yours. Down here in TX I hope we get a "coooolllll" front soon. But,in all reality it doesn't get cold until (maybe) November/December. Sending love your way! ! ! Nicole from TX

Jenelle said...

I'm also from Missouri. We have chickens too, but haven't noticed them molting yet. It's been forever since I've blogged. I just cleaned up my blog since it hadn't been updated since 2010. There were many links expired or no longer there. :/ I plan to get back into blogging soon. I miss it! So, I'll be back to visit. :)

Farmchick said...

Loved this post..thanks for sharing. Now I am going to have that song in my head all night! { i've got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer way down inthe depths of my heart}

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details