Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mums The Word~


I will be flying out to Colorado to speak at a Ladies Retreat next month. Now that is wonderful! I will be spending some time with my Aunt Kim and her ladies from her church. I am so excited. They have been preparing for a long time. A special place has been rented in the mountains at Evergreen. I can't wait.

Here is the hard part. For those who know me ~don't laugh. The retreat's theme is Mums The Word.  I told you not to laugh! I have been studying and praying for God to give me something special~ yet it just has not come together on paper.  In fact~ God has been doing some real fall cleaning in my heart and mind as I study taming the tongue. I am hoping He lets me put what He has been speaking to me about in a outline soon. I am getting a little nervous.

Proverbs 18:20-21

King James Version (KJV)
20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We can discourage and depress ourselves just by the words that come out of our mouth~ as well as depress or discourage those around us who have to listen to our words. Our words have the power of life or death and here in verse 20 it says we have to eat our words.

I want to speak life to myself~ to My Brian~ to my children~ to those who hear my words. I never want to have death oozing out of my mouth. Yet~ that is what we do every time we spill out our feelings and emotions without thinking first. 

Not long ago My Brian said to me, "I don't think you  have gotten better at not letting things bother you. You have just become good at keeping quiet." I thought about that for awhile and I decided I will take that as "spiritual growth."  There was a time when I would let my feelings and emotions control my mouth. When I think about it I cringe ~ how many people have I wounded with my tongue?

Oh~ that we may all think about what comes out of our mouth before damage is done. And may God mend those my tongue has wounded with my careless words. 

Albert Einstein considered this to be the formula for success~ maybe we should listen to the words of this wise man.

Einstein said,
 "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. 
           X is work. Y is play. Z is keeping your mouth shut."



s

3 comments:

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

Have a beautiful and blessed time! I will be praying for you. I live in Evergreen, CO. :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

There's alot of wisdom in this post! Thanks for sharing, Carrie! I know you will do well speaking at the Ladies Retreat!

Blessings,
Tammy

living from glory to glory said...

Evergreen is so beautiful been there for a wedding a few years back. You will do well at the Retreat because its what God has chosen for you to learn so you can teach. Hey drink alot of water so you can stop the altitude sickness. Thanks for your sweet and honest post. Hey your not quiet when your blogging! GOT WORDS? Blessings, Roxy :)

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details