Saturday, September 1, 2012

One Of My New Favorite Things~


Photo source and online store~ Click the photo!


When my Hannah got married and left home ~she left behind a jar of this magic in a bottle. You can find it in the health food isle of the Grocer or the link above. She would melt it in the microwave and pour it in her hair for a hot oil treatment and she raved about the results. I decided to give it a try and it is wonderful.

I discovered it is a wonderful texture and it turns to a creamy ~ texture when warmed by your hands.

I have allergies and my eyes are terrible this time of year~ they get chapped in the corners and get so sore. I started using this for my chapped skin and it felt like the balm of Gilead. It not only soothed the skin but brought healing. I liked it so much I started using it to remove my eye makeup. This stuff is amazing. 

I then begin using it as a moisturizer on my face, on my wrinkles and dry skin.

I decided to do a little research. It appears I am not such a smarty pants after all.

Check out this list of uses~ I found it on none other than ~ Pinterest. Be warned some are a bit odd~ Click here but before you do stop and leave me a comment or two~ I have been missing hearing from you. 

Have a wonderful ~long ~ weekend.

11 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Coconut oil is wonderful! And it is ever so much cheaper to order online. I believe Tropical Traditions carries a huge variety of coconut...oil, shredded, cream, etc. And there are always specials going on...free shipping is sometimes offered, also.
I use it in cooking and also as an eye make-up remover!

Tina Leigh said...

I hear it is a wonder oil but I've never tried it...Maybe I should. Is it expensive?

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Just love your Blog! It has been a very hard and hot summer in Colorado.I want to up date my blog and get going again. Probably need a new computer, I would like to get an Apple.You really seem like a very nice person. Blessings Roxy
Have a wonderful weekend!

Farmchick said...

I LOVE coconut oil...I use it on our skin...in cooking and baking too. Hope you are doing well...come on over and say hi!! :)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, Just love your Blog,Have a wonderful long weekend. Coconut oil is a staple around here! It has been a very hot summer in Colorado. We welcome the fall weather!
Blessings Roxy

Bethanie said...

Been using it in my daughter's hair since she was 5 mos. old! Love it!

Heather said...

Oh I love coconut oil!! I use it all the time in baking it is great! and when my dermatitis was the worst it was the only thing I could put on my skin. It is so healthy for you as well ~Love Heather

Sandra said...

I make soap with coconut oil, but that's it. After reading this list, I want to try it on other things. I've never eaten it. I don't like coconut so I don't know how much it would change the flavor.

Marmee's Pantry said...

I work in a health food store & some days it seems that we sell it by the tons. Some people spread it on toast like butter; if you still make popcorn the old fashioned way you will LOVE it ~ this is what the movie theaters used to use before the "food Nazis" made them take it out b/c it was so "bad" for people & then, whoops, found out it was actually VERY good for you. :-/ Lately, many have discovered the nearly miraculous improvements on the brain that eating coconut butter can have ~ myself, included. I melt a heaping tablespoon in my hot cereal every morning. I also use it in my homemade balms, salves, lip balms & solid deodorant. I have to say that I LOVE my deodorant! Best I've ever used. I usually use Barlean's coconut oil, but I also like Garden of Life & Dr. Bronner's.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

regina said...

Hi Carrie, I must admit that I haven't been to visit since school ended in May. I have sure missed coming by and spent some time looking through your posts. I had not seen this brand of coconut oil until this weekend. Since I was completly out, I bought a jar. I've been using coconut oil for cooking and mositurizing for a few years and love it. I also like to add a TBSP to a cup of hot tea. I also use it in many of the ways Marmee does. It's truly a great product!
Regina

mommyx12 said...

You found a wonderful item. I LOVE it and use it for so much. Another thing you should totally try is olive oil on your face for moisture cream. I've been using it for almost 15 years. In fact, my entire family uses it. From all my daughters to even my boys! It makes my face feel perfect!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details