Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Amish Farmer's Market~ I Am There!




Oh my stars~ I had the best day yesterday. The weather was breezy and cool and my friend~ Pam and I headed to Jamesport, Mo to visit our Amish neighbors. We left bright and early to make it to the auction. There was a sea of orange when we pulled into the parking lot. We were in "Autumn Decorator's Heaven" for sure. There is nothing like seeing those Amish horses and buggies with their cute little trailers pulling through the Auction floor.



 I must warn you. You best not even nod your head or you will find yourself with a truckload of pumpkins. Which we did! Believe or not we even sold half the box. We giggled and laughed until we couldn't laugh any more when we realized that we may have overdone it a tad bit. They were a huge bargain ~which helps some. 

I met a sweet little Amish girl who helped us load our pumpkins. Her name was Lavina. Of course~ I could not show you her picture but she had blond little wispy hair peeking out all under her brown bonnet. She smiled and chatted with us while we all worked stacking these pumpkins. She looked at me so seriously and said, "Do you really like pumpkins?" She was a dolly. What a perfect day!


We ate at my very favorite restaurant in all the world (Gingerich Dutch Pantry) and headed to the Amish stores to stock up for our Autumn ~Winter cooking and baking.  We shopped until we dropped.


Well if you can't guess what I will be doing today~ I am off to decorate for Fall! Have a wonderful weekend!

“And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:16 KJV

7 comments:

Patty said...

What fun!

Quiltingranny said...

Yum, homemade pumpkin pies?

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

How fun!! I hope to visit Amish country someday.

jean said...

Your day is something I would have enjoyed.

Heather said...

Oh look at all those pumpkins I want to come along and join you!! ~Have a great weekend Love Heather

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

You should make some pumpkin chutney Carrie. It is a most delicious preserve but my family used it all up and now we must wait until next season! I had the busiest but very productive weekend - must tell you all about it sometime but now I need to go and get ready for church!

living from glory to glory said...

Oh how wonderful! Pumpkins are so pretty and they make me happy and I feel like fall harvest at it's best. Our pumpkins did not do well this year because of the drought.
Pumpkin Bread Yum!!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details