Saturday, September 22, 2012

When Hope Blossoms~



I just love a good Amish book~ well you already know that if you visit me very often. This book is about a Mennonite woman who has had more than her fair share of hard times. Being a very young widow has its challenges especially for a single mom of three children and one with special needs. 

What I loved about this book is the openness about the difficult parts of being part of the Amish/ Mennonite community. The simple life draws me in so often. I travel to my Amish neighbors every chance I get because stepping into the slow pace reminds me to slow down my life too. I often glamorize our Amish neighbors yet they do have their issues ~as we all do. 

The grass is never greener on the other side of the fence~ which the neighbor~ Mr. Roper teaches this sweet little Mennonite family.

I love this book and rate it 5 stars. The author~ Kim~ so quickly grabs your attention and holds it until the very last line. Great Book!

This book was provided to me by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review. 

You can read an excerpt from the book here.

About the book~

Amy Knackstedt hopes a new start in Weaverly, Kansas, will help heal the pain of losing her husband and provide a better future for her three children. But her new neighbor, Tim Roper, is not pleased to have an Old Order Mennonite family living next to his apple orchard. Tim left the Mennonite faith years ago and doesn't want any reminders of his former life.
Yet when circumstances throw Amy and Tim together, they form a friendship that surprises them both. Will past hurts always be a barrier between them, or will this tentative relationship blossom into something more?



About the Author~

Kim Vogel Sawyer is the author of nineteen novels, including several CBA and ECPA bestsellers. Her books have won the ACFW Book of the Year Award, the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, and the Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Kim is active in her church, where she leads women's fellowship and participates in both voice and bell choirs. In her spare time, she enjoys drama, quilting, and calligraphy. Kim and her husband, Don, reside in central Kansas, and have three daughters and six grandchildren. She invites you to visit her Web site atwww.kimvogelsawyer.com for more information.







2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Carrie, This book sounds great. I just read Inescapable, which was a Mennonite story. I am like you and love all things Amish & Mennonite; I found it helpful to read a book that shared the differences of the two faiths. Thanks for sharing-I will keep a lookout for this.
Hugs, Noreen

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie, Hannah loves Kim's books. She has read about six or seven of them. We will read this one for sure also. The last book she just finished was My Heart Remembers.It is about some siblings who were separated and find their way back to each other. Lisa from Savannah

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details