Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Homemade Frosted Pumpkin Hand Soap~




This smells heavenly. ~  It makes about a gallon for just pennies!


1 bar of Dove soap
1/4 cup of Borax
1/4 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
4 cups of water

Grate a bar of soap with a hand cheese grater. Add to an old pan. ( so you can whisk it good) Next, add  the water. Melt until it is totally dissolved. Slowly add Borax and Washing Soda. Cook on medium heat until it thickens like frosting~about 10 minutes.

Cool quickly ~ I cooled on my porch. As it cools keep whisking it. It will become very thick. Add enough hot water slowly after it cools until it reaches the consistency you wish.

 I added Frosted Pumpkin scent and food coloring. You could use natural scents or leave as is if you like.

I buy all my scents form Natures Garden Candle Supplies online.

11 comments:

Marydon said...

That sounds yummy Carrie ... you come up with such wonderful ideas. How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Have a great weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Jenelle said...

Your homemade soap looks so pretty and easy to do. I'm going to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing! :~)

Seasons of Life said...

Hi Carrie. Thank you for sharing your homemade handsoap recipe. I LOVE autumn and the fragrance of PUMPKIN! Wherever did you find the pump lid that fits a mason jar? Another practical and pretty use for mason jars...

Blessings,

Jarnette @ Seasons of Life

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh this sounds wonderful Carrie! Will have to try this! I know that has to smell SO good!

Blessings,
Tammy

Amber said...

Carrie - This sounds amazing! And it sounds so easy to make!

Erin said...

How much scent and coloring do you use? What else can you use besides candle scent?

Erin said...

Please make this into a tutorial. :)

April said...

Explain the food coloring part....I tried that once when I made soap and it colored my hands when I used it... (probably a thing only I could manage)...

Farming On Faith said...

April~ it did not take much. I used a couple of drops and it did not color my hands.

Erika Roberts said...

Can't wait to try this! Just bought a box of Borax and a box of washing soda a couple of weeks ago. Got a bunch of handmade projects lined up to try. Adding this one in to the mix. Pinned on my Pinterest board too! Thanks! ~Erika from MishMashedMe

living from glory to glory said...

Thanks Carrie, Just Pinned this to my board! Thinking you might be reading that sweet children's Bible to some special people.
Thinking of you! Roxy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details