Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Your Life~ Celebrate Today





I have a confession to make. I have been asking the Lord to let me live to be 100 since I was a little girl.  I want to grow very old and wear bright red lipstick and have blue hair~ really I do.

 I know God is not a good luck charm and doesn't answer our every whim.  But I love life and I will have eternity in Heaven forever so I want to spend as much time as possible on this earth.  I love living~ I love to celebrate everything there is to celebrate!

 So even in my childlike thinking~ I wanted to stay on this earth as long as I possibly could and can. Will I get too? Not sure because God does give us the desires of our heart but they are filtered through His knowledge of what is best for us.

 I was so blessed to grow up in a church that taught me the Word of God. I remember hearing that God gives us the desires of our heart if we are truly committing our ways to Him. I learned that at a very young age.


Psalm 37:5-7

King James Version 
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

What is your life? If I get the desire of my heart~ that means I will get to celebrate 36,500 days on this planet. Does that sound like a lot to you? It doesn't to me. Why? ~ because I have almost already lived half of them. James wrote these words and stated, "..... ye know not what shall be on the morrow..." You and I have no guarantee of today but no surety of tomorrow for sure.


The life you have is yours. It belongs to you ~ it is your very essence. Our lives are to be invested not wasted. They are to be enjoyed not endured. It is your life~ Live It. Don't spend it carelessly.  Don't give it away or allow others to steal it from you. Don't allow other's criticism or cynicism to be the controlling force of your life. If someone has ~take it back now. It is yours and yours alone. 


You see God gave you your life and it is wise to give it back to Him. That is the only true way to ensure that you will have a life filled of no-regrets. When we give our lives to God ~ He returns it back to us brighter~happier and useful. 


I hope you celebrate this glorious day~ I plan to. 

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I am thinking just the opposite Carrie, I say come quickly lord, and the older I get and the more aches and pains I have I say it even more and louder, be blessed, and we will live just as long as God desires, not one day less or one day more, He is always right on time, Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:..

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Carrie, How sweet that even as a child you asked to live to be 100:) I know that you have the wisdom of a wise women! I want to live well and to be full of His life and love, and be a blessing to others!
Blessings, Roxy

Tanya said...

Eeeekkkkk....I'm so happy for you! Did I miss the news in a post about the new baby???????? Look at us.....grandbabies!!!!!!! You will have 4 to spoil now! So fun! Let's meet for sure! Check your calendar! What about BEFORE Christmas so we can shop? Meet early and get home at a decent hour? I would love it!
Loved this post! I needed that boost! I will ponder on it even more!
Have a wonderful fun Tuesday.....
Talk to you soon soon soon!
Big hugs!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I love this!!!! I too pray once in awhile for at least 40 more years, I have so much yet I want to do and see!! lol Happy Thanksgiving Carrie!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details