Wednesday, November 27, 2013

President Lincoln's Words About Thanksgiving~





1 Chronicles 16:8

King James Version (KJV)
Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

This morning I read a devotion by Fresh Manna and Tim the author writes~   


A poem on Thanksgiving from a child in school today might read like this:

 It is so very true. It seems there is a movement trying to silence Christians~ from our schools to our court rooms. Everyone has freedom of speech but those who choose to live by Biblical principles. I am here to tell you I will not be silent about my Almighty God whom I am so very thankful to because He saved my soul and made me whole. Every good and perfect gift in my life~ He gave me and I am thankful.

Abraham Lincoln~ one of the greatest leaders our country has ever known was not silent either. 

Here are the words of Abraham Lincoln~ April 30, 1863.



“We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven. We have been preserved, the many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth and power, as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own.
Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self- sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to God that made us! It behooves us, then to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.
With this attitude, may we plan something with those we love, to give bold repentance and thanksgiving to our God who has blessed our great nation and is the only one who can put it back on track!” – President Abraham Lincoln, April 30, 1863 


Amen and Amen President Lincoln!

Happy Thanksgiving from the Shindorf family to you and yours!

(Repost from November 2012)

3 comments:

jean said...

How true. Carrie, I wish you and your a Happy Thanksgiving!!

living from glory to glory said...

Happy thoughts and blessings for your thnaksgiving week-end. You have been very busy and with Christmas full steam ahead. I am praying and planning:)
We must not let our freedom of love and speech and giving thanks go by the wayside sister. I loved reading what our leaders that had our best interest at heart spoke to us. We must always remember the truth.
Blessings, Roxy
Thanks Carrie!

Dianna said...

Carrie, thank you so much for sharing this ...I have shared your beautifully written blog post on facebook just a few minutes ago.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details