Monday, December 24, 2012

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas~



Well Christmas once again has come all too soon. I know it is not good to up-stage Thanksgiving but it sure takes time to get it all done. I vow each year to start preparing earlier so I can just spend the whole month of December just ~ "oh come let us adoring Him."


 The shopping is done~ the gifts are wrapped ~the pantry is full of food to be cooked beginning tomorrow. The week is full of being merry and bright. I am so looking forward to spending time with my loved ones. Even though we have family in Washington, Michigan and a son-in-love in Afghanistan we will not see~ we will get to see them on facetime or talk with them on the phone. We are so very blessed! 


Please remember to pray for our men and women who are serving our country ~ many will not be coming home for Christmas. I appreciate your prayers for our Jacob and Hannah too as they will be spending their first Christmas apart. 



I did not get everything I wanted done. How about you? Be it as it may~ I am preparing my heart to worship the King and making room in my heart and life for Him. I want to do more this coming year for Him~ I want to give Him more of me~  more of my time and more of my money. He loves me so much and I want to give back to Him.  

I look back over my life and I think about all the time I spent doing all the daily things that need to be done. What does it matter now? I look at the money I spent over my life and where is all the stuff ? I look at my dreams I have dreamed ~ some have come true and  some have not. Some don't even seem important anymore. 

What does matter is the time I have invested in my relationship with my Saviour and the time I spent serving God and those I love. The things I have have invested and given back to God seem to be all that matters. It all boils down to love~ doesn't it?

Love ~ is what Christmas is all about! God loved us so much that He gave.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It is my hearts desire that you have accepted this free gift of God's love~ 

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”Luke 2:11-14 KJV



Have a very Merry Christmas from the Shindorf Family.

6 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh, dear Carrie!
This post says it all, doesn't it? I want to make sure He is given first priority this coming year. It is too easy to let the "everyday" squeeze Him out.
Than you for this reminder...
And Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Cindy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Merry Christmas from our family to yours, Carrie!

Blessings,
Tammy

NanaNor's said...

Carrie, From our home to yours, Christmas Blessings. Love your photo!
Hugs, Noreen

Barbara said...

I am with you sister, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!! That makes the perfect Christmas, and what a wonderful family you have, gorgeous photo of you all, Hugs my friend, and hope you have a very blessed New Year.

Mrs.C said...

Merry Christmas! You have such a beautiful family. Praying for our soldiers overseas. My dearest friend has a son AND daughter-in-love over there, that is hard! Praying for their safety as well as your SIL's. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Carrie... What a beautiful family!! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas. I will certainly keep those soldiers in my prayers, now and always. Special prayers for your family too. Happy New Year!! -Tammy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details