Wednesday, February 6, 2013

14 Days of Valentines~I Like The Way You Roll


Day 6


Love is a commitment not a feeling. But it was not until I met Brian that I truly understood. My father had been addicted to the bottle~ he could not survive life on his own let alone be a father.  (Don't get me wrong~ I loved my dad deeply and grieved harder than I ever have not long ago when he went to Heaven. He did receive Christ as his Saviour so I know I will see him again. ) But that situation in my life created some real fear and trust issues deep inside of me.

It was a broken road that led me to invite Jesus into my life. So ~ no regrets! I would not change it all if I could. I am thankful that my broken road led me to God.

Outside of accepting Jesus to be Lord and ruler of my life~ the greatest gift in my life has been my husband. When he married me ~he got one confused young girl. I needed reassurance. I wanted promises written in blood. I had many reasons not to trust but he once told me, " I will not make you promises~ I will spend the rest of my life proving it to you." I can tell you all these years later he has done just that.

He knew that love was a commitment. He was committed to not only loving me but supporting me to become all that God had in store for me to be. That meant working through my trust issues. And boy howdy~ did that take some patience and commitment on his part. But out of commitment love will grow. In our case so did trust! I am so thankful for a man who loves God ~ it made all the difference in the world.

Our trust and faith must totally be placed in God. We can't be all that our spouse needs. Only Jesus can do that. But we can strive everyday to have a relationship with God and He will build our marriage.

This is an example that a wise Pastor gave us.


As we both commit and both draw closer to God we will become closer to each other. We  need God in the center of our marriage. He can make our marriage a little piece of Heaven on earth.

Matthew 22:37-40


37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.




1 comment:

Tanya said...

Carrie,
How beautifully said...How true...How honest...You are blessed with Brian and he is as blessed having you...a Godly wife. When God is first in both of your lives, and the man is the head of the household....God's plan works. Thank you for sharing!

On a lighter note....I am L o v i n g my EmergenC! As soon as I get to my classroom, I make my little cup and have my cereal and coffee with it! I'm feeling great!

Your treats for your man are so adorable! I'm doing it for sure next year! So cute! Love each one!

So happy you are getting another little granddaughter! EEK....how fun...2 boys/2 girls!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details