Saturday, February 2, 2013

14 Days Of Valentines~




I have been loving this man of mine for a very long time. I fell in love with him on our first date~really I did. We had a whirlwind of a courtship and the most romantic honeymoon. Life has been so good~ I am so thankful that I walk this journey with him.  We have four  beautiful children~ three adorable grandbabies and one en route to make her appearance in June. I would not have missed it for the world. 
        
                 Day 1                                                                                  Day 2



1 Corinthians 13:4-7


 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not;
 charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own,
 is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

"Shut Up & Pray"
Life is so sweet these days with My Brian. It always has been for the most part ~well except for a time or two when I tried to control the situation. I admit I will am a recovering control freak~ but I am so much better than I use to be. God is changing me one little crisis at a time. 

 I remember in the early years of our marriage when I thought is was my job to be the "Holy Spirit" in my husband's life. I mean I was just sure he needed my prompting when it came to what he should do and be for God. 

God was not looking for me to be a "fix him" wife ~ He was looking for me to be a "love him" wife. When I truly began to "shut up and pray" my marriage became so much sweeter. 

 As you can imagine~ God did a much better job at fixing my husband than I ever dreamed. He is almost perfect~ in my eyes anyway.  Really!  When I began to "shut up and pray" and I was amazed at the work God did in my husband's heart. 

God put it in a man's heart to follow God not his nagging wife! God taught me to let go of my husband and allow Him to work.

You see as women we are just prone to control and manipulate when it comes to the those that we love. It must have always been hard for us ladies to do  ~ for you have to look no further than "Mother Eve." 

When we become women who pray instead of controlling and manipulating with our words and actions God will take over in not only the life of our husband but also in the lives of our children.

" Shut up and pray" works so much better than a nagging woman!

Proverbs 21:9

 It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, 
than with a brawling woman in a wide house


5 comments:

Patty said...

How difficult this is for us women at times. I too have be down this road instead of trusting the Holy Spirit to do His work. Sometimes I have to ask where that meek and quiet spirit went. Per a conversation with my husband tonight, he reminded me that I needed to keep my focus on God and not on my failures or on the failures of others. He alone has the power to change us. May His work be accomplished and complete in us all as we travel along.

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Carrie, Once again a sweet and timely word. It is really very peaceful and restores my hope that we as woman together can help each other. For there is so many wonderful marriages just waiting to overcome the desire to control our husbands. And to let the Holy Spirit do it all.
So may we as woman, Be still and Pray and Pray!
Blessings, Roxy

Cheryl said...


Such a good post. We all need to be reminded that we need to pray and let God take care of the rest. Always enjoy your posts.

MyJourneyBack said...

Carrie,
This is a beautiful post. I would love to share it and link back to you of course. I am offering a Date Night theme. Do you mind if I repost?
I would love you to come and join me also on Date Night. Hopefully the link will be live on Wed. (last week it wouldn't cooperate...I am a little bit of a dummy at blogging)
I always enjoy visiting and reading your blog. You encourage me. I would like to share that with my little audience.
So what do ya think?
Have a wonderful week,
Sherry

Camille said...

Beautiful, my friend! Thank you for this sweet and gentle reminder. You words have blessed my heart today...may the LORD do the work, indeed!! :)

With love,
Camille

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details