Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Will Seek Thee Early~



  I am so enjoying my visit in Washington. I couldn't help myself ~today we went on a search for some spring flowers to plant. We discovered that in Washington~ it is now time to plant Primrose, Pansies and Ranunculus. My daughter loves Ranunculus~ which is what she picked for her bridal bouquet.

 It is so nice to see the green grass and get my hands in dirt. Back home we are covered in snow. I hope Spring is on its way to Missouri too.




We had a fun time. Boston was not so sure about getting dirty at first.
 I am afraid he may want to dig in momma's flower bed from now on.

  I am a bit jealous~ these flowers don't do well with the Missouri sun.
 They are just beautiful! 



Lamentations 3:22-24

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.


I am excited Spring is just around the corner. Spring reminds me that the Lord's mercies are new every day. Spring is like a brand new page~ a brand new day~ a new beginning. 

I have lived a blessed life. God has been so good to me  but I have made many mistakes. There are words I wish I could take back. There are things I wish I could do a bit differently. Things I majored on that I should have let go. There were times that I thought my way was the only way. Times when I thought I had all the answers. 

As the wrinkles are appearing on my face ~ so is the fact that I really don't have any answers~ my way is not always best and I don't know it all. Funny how life ~ knocks that arrogant attitude right out of you. 

Now-a-days as I apply my wrinkle cream ~ I do know that when I seek the Lord early each and every day I make less messes out of life. When I realize I don't know anything at all~ But God does. It humbles me to beg for His help each and every day because I must have it! 

Every time I have made a mess out of life God is always there with His loving kindness just waiting to fix my mess. Is that not true? There is a song that says what if God said that He was tired of patching up our messes. But He never does~ He is always there!


Psalm 63


O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.


David wrote these verses and we all know he made some huge messes out of life. Yet~ God called him the Apple of His Eye.  It feels so good to have someone love you so much that when you blow it~ they forgive you. 

 That is what David is expressing in these verses. He longs to have a relationship with God because God loved him so much and helped him at the darkest moments in his life. David said God's attitude of loving kindness toward him was better than life.  God was there to help David patch it up.  





Until I cross over to the other side I am going to mess things up~ I am going to make mistakes and I am going to need God's forgiveness. So until then I am going to keep seeking Him early each and every day and asking for His wonderful loving kindness.


3 comments:

annie said...

he sure has grown, so quickly too!
a wonderful post, love the flowers, but esp . the scriptures!

Maryann said...

I share your sentiments about spring. It represents new life, a reminder of the new life I have in Christ.

living from glory to glory said...

I must say I needed that! I had a really hard day yesterday! I just wanted to sleep, but God is so good with the love and prayers from my hubby, the valley was a wee one. Thank you Jesus!
Enjoy and have a lovely time.
We did have a spring like day today in CO.
Blessings, Roxy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details