Friday, May 17, 2013

Do You Remember How The Summers Felt When We Were Kids?





Oh~ I can still remember that last day of school when we knew we were free for three months~ pure Heaven!  If I could  only capture that freedom once again. I would bottle it and save it  to pull out on a day like today. Sometimes life just has a way of weighing us down.

 I have been singing along with Amy this morning~ thought you might be blessed by her song too.  

Ah ~we didn't think much about it ~ we just lived. Taking our time beautiful leisure. When did we start trying to measure up? When all this time love has been trying to tell us. Don't try so hard God gives us grace and you can't earn it. Don't think that you're not worth it because you are. You're lovely even with your scars. Don't try so hard.




I think I was born trying to please ~ always trying harder ~ pushing higher. How about you?

 Do you need a dose of that sweet summertime feeling? I sure do! We try so hard to please our Heavenly Father and goodness knows I try way to hard to please people. Maybe today we need to just relax in knowing that God loves us and He gave His Son to die for us. He knows all our faults and shortcomings and He loves us anyway. We can be free from trying to please when we rest in God's gift of grace.  

Don't try so hard~ maybe we even need to throw out that to-do list today.


Psalm 51:12

 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you for this. I, too, am a people pleaser. I know God loves me just as I am but I still try to keep pleasing people "down here". Thank you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Down On The Farm said...

I am the same. Want everybody to be happy, so I try to do whatever I can to please everybody else. It is exhausting. I needed this today :)! Thank you!!

Cindy Mcgough said...

Great reminder! thank you

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details