Friday, May 3, 2013

Look What The Storm Blew In~




Last night I noticed the most beautiful bright orange bird at the hummingbird feeder. He was the prettiest bird I have ever seen. I did some research and discovered he was a Baltimore Oriole and they are migrating right now to eastern Northern America to herald in spring.

 The male looked so confused last night in the snow.

I put out some oranges and look who has been here all morning on my deck~ Mrs. Baltimore Oriole.

 They tend to stay high up in the trees and are known for their sweet song. The female weave remarkable hanging nest from slender fibers. The male is known for its flaming bright orange color that can be spotted high in the branches like a torch.

 I am hoping they decide to stay and nest for a little while.

 It never ceases to amaze me just what a wonderful artist our Creator is~ what a beautiful Creation we are blessed to enjoy!


Psalm 34:8

 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.



2 comments:

Camille said...

What a rare treat for you my friend! How pretty they are. I'm sure they will stay if you feed them oranges. :)

Love to you!
Camille

Mrs.C said...

I love Orioles! They are here now as well. Their song calls out in the early morning hours, it is so beautiful to hear! Great pictures! I didn't know they would snack on oranges, I'd love to see if I can persuade ours down for a closer view!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details