Monday, May 13, 2013

My Expectations~


~Lemon-Slice Flowers~ 


For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.- Isaiah 55:8

Has life turned out just the way you expected? What about last year? What about last week? What about yesterday? Boy~sometimes a bump in the road just throws me off my path. Life never seems to turn out the way we expected!

As a certified perfectionist~ I really do not like it one bit either. I get my feathers in a ruffle when things do not go according to my plan. I make a plan and work the plan~it is my life's motto. So who do I run to when my plan~my expectations are dashed?  Well, sometimes I run to my husband, my children, my politicians~but it won't do me any good. No~ I need to go to the boss and complain directly to God.

Am I the only one who blames God for unexpected life events? Surely you do too!?

 In the Bible, God takes responsibility for many things that people of old were not happy about. You know like~ floods, barrenness, death, plaques, manna, wilderness trips, bad fruit, bad women, womanizing. I could go on forever!

 However~ we get to see the end of their stories. We can read how God uses a bump in the road for their good. Why He allowed such difficult things in their life I can't understand. 

Oh, but can you imagine the joy, mercy, forgiveness, restoration and grace that they experienced from the loving Father?

God does not allow difficult circumstances in our lives to wipe us out.  He wants to grow us into His image. I don't know about you but I have a long way to go to be just like Him!



Jeremiah 29:11


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

God has a plan much better than mine and I can trust Him when He chooses his plan over mine. So I can make my plans and smile when my expectations are not met knowing that His plan is always best.



1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

So well said. I TOO like to "help" God out a bit when he isn't quite doing things the way I think He should. Thanks heavens He is patient with me, and reminds me that HE KNOWS BEST!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details