Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yum Beef Burgers~


This our my version of the old fashioned St Joseph, Mo  Bucket Shoppe Beef Burgers ~ a place where my Dad would take me for lunch when I was a little girl. They are oh~ so good.

1 pound hamburger
1/3 cup water
minced onion to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons chili sauce
chili powder
hamburger buns
pickles
Cooking Instructions:
Mix hamburger, water, onion, salt, and pepper. Fry until almost done. Add tomato paste, mustard, chili sauce and a bit of chili powder. Simmer till done. Place on a hamburger bun with a pickle.


9 comments:

Betsy said...

Yum!!! We call them "sloppy joes" and love them- especially with old fashioned plain potato chips.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sandra said...

So simple! Sounds good.

Farmchick said...

Sound and look yummy...I posted sloppy joes a week or so ago...they sound similar. Come on over and say hi. :)

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Yes, I am so making these this week..
Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Virginia

Heather said...

Yum that sounds Delish! Love Heather

Down On The Farm said...

Those sure look delicious. Wish I was there to share one with you :)!!! Have a fantastic day :)!

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Carrie,
We just enjoyed your recipe. I doubled it and it's gone.
Delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Your blog is a blessing.
I have a son-in-love deployed, my daughter & grand-babies are with me now. But they will leave soon and be many hours away.
Not easy to see them leave.

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Carrie,
We just enjoyed your recipe. I doubled it and it's gone.
Delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Your blog is a blessing.
I have a son-in-love deployed, my daughter & grand-babies are with me now. But they will leave soon and be many hours away.
Not easy to see them leave.

Sandi said...

Yum...that looks so good!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details