Monday, January 27, 2014

"God Never Wastes Pain, Beautiful."




I have been a born-again Christian for more than 30 years but I have been a real Christ- follower  20 of those 30. I remember the day I settled that decision of accepting Jesus Christ into my life. I was 18 years old and at Bible College. 13 years of hearing God loved me and it was still hard to believe.  I did not believe I could trust anyone~ not even God. I had been in church as a bus kid since the age of 5 but by the time I left for Bible College my whole family had accepted Christ and were faithfully in a good Bible teaching church.

I would be lying if I told you being a lover and follower of Jesus was all rosy with white picket fences. For being a "Christian" does not mean we will not be hurt,  be misunderstood or any other bad thing. Somehow~ we get the wrong idea that if we are walking with God everything will be peachy. It is just not the case~ and we are wrong to give the impression that it is so. My walk with Jesus has been a charmed life for sure~ it has been so wonderful ~ it has been full of peace and joy~ but it has not been without pain. 

When I was a young girl~ Randy Brown was one of my favorite evangelist. He has moved across the states and I don't get to hear him preach anymore but I sure remember when I did. He had a way of getting his message across so it stuck forever in your memory. He preached in a way to make people stop and listen~ he was funny but he was real. He preached hard ~ but you knew he cared. He was charming ~ but had character. He is still serving the Lord all these years later~and that sure does my heart good.

The other day on Facebook he was trying to encourage someone to keep going on in the Lord. He posted this comment~ "God never wastes pain, Beautiful."  Wow~ that is what we need to tell someone who has been hurt, who has been crushed , who has been abandoned, who has been abused, who has misunderstood. 

Isaiah 53:3-7

King James Version (KJV)
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and theLord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

I wrote this very quote in my Bible that day and this morning it is a reminder.  Life has a way of knocking the props out from under us at times. It sure does!  But God sees! We don't have to fight the battles~ he will fight it for us! We don't have to falter ~ we just need to keep standing! Keep serving! Keep loving! Keep trusting!  Keep remembering~ "God never wastes pain, beautiful." - RB

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I am the same as you. Raised in the church from birth on...but didn't make it my own until my early 20's. "God never wastes pain". That is a profound statement and I thank you for passing it on to us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Patty Sumner said...

Great post Carrie.. Why is it we try to avoid the very things that God allows to make us more like Christ...It is in the trials and pain that we need him most...Love the saying......God never wastes pain....beautiful!!! Blessings!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, Wise words, may we always look for the growth afterwards! It is always so good to look over my older notes in my Bible and journals. Have a great week!
Blessings, Roxy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details