Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's Time For Snow Pancakes~




Happy 2014~ 

It is snowing and blowing here at Farming On Faith tonight. I can't help but share this recipe when the snow starts blowing. They are so yummy!

Snow Pancake Recipe
2 cups of flour
1-tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1-½ cups of milk

In a large bowel mix and sift the flour, baking powder,
 salt and sugar together. 
Combine the eggs and milk in another bowl.
Slowly add the milk  and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.

Stir well and set aside. The batter will be thick.

Next grease your griddle and get it good and hot.
When the griddle is hot, quickly go outdoors and scoop up fresh snow.


Fold in 1-½ cups of new snow and mix well.
Cook the pancakes as usual.

Tips For Snow Pancakes~
Old snow won’t do.
Use only fresh, light and newly fallen immaculate snow. Small amounts of naturally occurring ammonia in fresh snow acts as a leaving agent and causes the pancakes to rise.
Ammonia in new snow will evaporate very soon after it has fallen.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

blessedmomof3 said...

Such an interesting post. Never heard of using snow in making pancakes. I guess it would be fun to try, but since it doesn't really snow in my part of Australia, I'll have to miss out. When I was younger and still living in the US, I liked using real snow to make snow cones to eat. Thanks for sharing such an intriguing recipe.

Blessings,
Andrea

sweetvintageofmine said...

Hello Carrie, What a SWEET recipe for pancakes! I've never heard of this before! So glad you shared~~~Blessings for 2014! Roxie

Betsy said...

HappyNew Year!!

I've never heard of this recipe before. You'll have to let us know how it works and if it tastes good. No snow here. So far it's been more of a Portland/Seattle winter which is odd since we live in the mountains. We've had lots of fog and some drizzle but only a few very small snows. Enjoy the fresh New Years fresh snow. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Curious as a Cathy said...

I love pancakes! This is really interesting about adding the snow. I had no clue. I guess I won't be making this recipe since we don't get much snow here in the Tennessee Valley. I will just have to make regular pancakes, but I won't complain coz I like them quite well. :D

Farming On Faith said...

I have made these with my kids for a long time and they are wonderful . The fresh snow makes them rise a little more and makes them extra fluffy. You have to make them right after it snows for it to work.

Shaya Sorensen said...

I can't wait to try this! What a neat way to make pancakes and take advantage of new fallen snow! Thanks for sharing!

Breahn Royal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

How cool Carrie, love these, but we do not get snow here, so will not be able to try them. have a blessed New Year

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details