Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Do You Want To Be Missed?



Psalm 16:6
 "The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
 yea, I have a goodly heritage."


I had a friend I could always call. I could call her when I  needed a Sancho from the little Taco Restaurant. She even searched high and low for some good watermelon in the dead of winter to satisfy my cravings when I was going to have my first baby. She would take me to Dairy Queen to get a chocolate malt~she would always get vanilla and drink coffee with her malt. She could make anything sick feel better~be it a little girl or the little girl's sick kitty. She was an amazing housekeeper. She only had one arm due to cancer but she could drive a stick shift and work wonders around anyone I knew who had two arms. She liked the color pink~and I watched her put her lipstick on in her little pink bathroom many times.  She wore green eyeshadow. She told me it looked like I had lost weight every time I saw her ~bless her heart! Her clothes smelled like Downy and her dishes had to be washed with Palmolive. She was the ultimate homemaker.  Her home was always spotless. Even the towels in her linen closet were stacked perfectly neat. Her whites were bright. She taught me to fold a flat sheet so tight around a mattress that you could bounce a quarter off of it. She had many great qualities and many talents.  I don't miss her today because she could keep a spotless house. I miss her so much is because she loved me, she accepted me, and she made me feel special.

This special friend was my grandmother~Grandma, Baker!

 I found security and safety in her. It has been 17 years since she went home to be with her Heavenly Father and my Grandpa who she just could not wait to be with again. I still miss her today! I don't miss her because she could do EVERYTHING so well. I miss her because she loved me. I found strength in her. She was my hero. She invested so much of herself in me. She taught me so many things!

Do you want to be missed someday? Then make sure you are "missable" by investing your life in others. Make up your mind that someone in your world will get the love and acceptance they crave from you.

When I get to Heaven after I meet Jesus~ it will be my Grandmother I will want to see next. I know I will not have to look far for she will be waiting for me!



8 comments:

Michelle said...

How precious. I feel the same way! My Grandmother is waiting for me too, and she was so special, just like your Grandmother!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I would love to see my grandmother again and can't wait for that day for I'll really be able to communicate with her! She spoke only German with a few words of English but the love we both had for each other was there! And my father, I want to see him so badly but am so happy that as Christians we have this hope of seeing our loved ones again! Great post!

Miss Jen said...

What a beautiful story!!! ;)
Your words are so true about investing time
into others!! I find that the more I do that...
obey the scriptures and etc.. I find true JOY and lasting fulfillment! Thank you for such a great post!

Blessings~ Miss Jen

gail said...

Oh Carrie,

To have such memories.
Tears rolling down.

Blessings Gail.

Marmee's Pantry said...

Excellent.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Janet said...

Oh that was so very Lovely!! Really it was. xox

Tanya said...

OH Carrie...
That was just so sweet and thoughtful and your Grandma was so honored! I'll bet she is smiling right now!
I feel that way about my Grandma Vivien! I can't wait to hug her again!
That was such a heart warming post!
I want to be that special to my little grandbabies!

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a great post, and such an amazing lady!! -Tammy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details