Here comes Winter Storm Nika ~ so we might as well celebrate!
These pancakes are fun to make and they taste light and fluffy.
2 cups of flour
1-tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1-½ cups of milk
- In a large bowel mix and sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Combine the eggs and milk in another bowl.
- Slowly add the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir well and set aside. The batter will be thick.
- Next grease your griddle and get it good and hot.
- When the griddle is hot, quickly go outdoors and scoop up fresh snow.
- Fold in 1-½ cups of new snow and mix well.
- Cook the pancakes as usual.
*Tips For Snow Pancakes*
Old snow won’t do.Use only fresh, light and newly fallen immaculate snow. Small amounts of naturally occurring ammonia in fresh snow acts as a leaving agent and causes the pancakes to rise.
Ammonia in new snow will evaporate very soon after it has fallen.