Monday, February 3, 2014

The Awesome Power Of Not Saying Anything At All~



 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! 
and it should be your wisdom.

Job 13:5



When verbal attacks fly, when discussions get out of hand, when personal insults cut there are times when silence is golden. When I read this verse above it just brings up a picture of My Brian. He is a man of few words but he uses his words wisely and it makes him even wiser. All these years I have observed him and he is one of the wisest men I know. I have watched and it has proven to be true in his personal and professional life. It has served him well.

There are those that will always try to put others down to make themselves appear better ~ and that is horribly wrong. We see it in the school yards,we see it in politics and we see in the church. But how we respond to those attacks is our choice. We get to decide.  It seems when someone is trying so hard to lift themselves up to prove they are better or more spiritual than others~ they have a major reason for doing so. Deep inside they have a  hurt ~ insecurity or brokenness that God is working to heal.

So how do we handle these kind of hurts that come our way?  I think Job says it best in the verse above. Job was a very successful~ spiritual man. He had great wisdom~ but when the enemy attacked  he ran to God and remained silent.

God can and will fight our battles for us. We simply need to turn it over to Him and remember sometimes silence is golden.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Ah yes. You guy sounds like my guy. Sometimes I'm like job's wife, not actually telling him to curse God and die, but pushing him to speak before he is ready. He thinks. He prays. He thinks some more. All before a word leaves his mouth and I am so blessed by this.
Blessings,
Betsy

Patty Sumner said...

If we can learn to tame the tongue...we can learn to do anything...Oh how we need the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us when it comes to the tongue... I mess up daily.. great reminder today for me.. thanks for sharing.. Blessings!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I've always done my best to follow this but a situation occurred in Dec. with a friend who was upset that we didn't brink our dog over(yes, you read right). He got in my face(I hate confrontations) and yelled, swearing, using our Lord's name and told me I needed serious counseling. I didn't respond and didn't engage him in conversation the rest of the night but I can tell you that I will never allow him to speak to me that way again. The friends aren't Christian and so I didn't leave their home that night but I do believe there are times the Lord does not want us to be treated like doormats.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Noreen

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, My Hubby has what I call self control in so many areas. I was just telling him that I am learning this wonderful quality from watching him. We are told in the scriptures we are not vindicate ourselves.
I do not care for any confrontations. Can't we all just get along! LOL
Blessings, Roxy

Danice said...

So true. We can all learn much from Job. Thank you for this very inspirational and practical post :)

Patty said...

This comes at a good time for me, Carrie. I just quit a job last week because of it, and just walked away without saying what I really wanted to say. Thank you for sharing this.

Rebecca said...

JUST EXACTLY what I needed to read this afternoon.

Thanks for sharing! Your blog is always an encouragement. :)

My Friends~My Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Pages