Friday, February 28, 2014

Think Spring~


Oh my stars ~this weather can't make up its mind. Last weekend our yard was covered in robins~ I mean hundreds of them. They were singing and it just did my heart good to see them. I watched eagerly as they pulled worm after worm from my backyard. Once in awhile I would watch as one little fat bird would work so hard to get that worm up just in time for his fellow flock friend to snatch it away.  It was a welcome sight and sound. 

I think they must have been just passing through because they have all flown for greener pastures and warmer air. We have 9 inches of snow predicted for this weekend…….sigh*****

I have the winter blues!!!! I am so ready for Spring. How about you? Every time the snow starts again I just want to cry bucket of tears.

Did you know that there is actually a disorder for Winter Blues?

According to Jeffrey Rossman, Ph.D.~


At northern latitudes, many people experience a lower mood, irritability, decreased energy, and changes in appetite, starting around now and lasting until spring. About 10 percent of people in northern states experience full-blown Seasonal Affective Disorder  (SAD), with depressed mood, anxiety, irritability, fatigue, carbohydrate-craving, and weight gain or loss. Another 30 percent experience sub-syndromal SAD, a low-grade version of seasonal depression.

What does Dr Rossman suggest? ~ He says we need Light Therapy. Getting exposed to the light can produce a boost in your mood. 

Unlike last weekend my little birds in my yard today seem in a frenzy. They know when bad weather is coming and they begin to make preparations. It seems like they go on a scavenger hunt for all the food they can hold.

Sometime we are like my little birds~ anxious, frazzled and frightened by what we see. I have some great news.  Our Heavenly Father is at hand and He sees all. He even knows when a bird falls from it's nest. He knows when we are struggling ~even with Winter blues.

Matthew 10:29 (KJV)

29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

He knows everything that is going on in your world.


Proverbs 15:3 (KJV)
3The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.


He even knows how many hairs are on our head~



Matthew 10:30 (KJV)

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Here is our light therapy~ God keeps a tally on all that is going on in our lives. He even cares about the misfortune of the birds.


We can trust God~ He sees and He cares about all the things that ruffle our feathers. When we ask Him for help not only does He help us~ but He responds according to His perfect knowledge of us and our circumstances.




His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

We can be blessed in our spirit on this cold Winter day knowing these amazing truths. God is good all the time! 

But all the same ~ THINK SPRING. It is right around the corner. 





Me and my little shadow (Brooklyn my niece) and I have a fun day planned. 
I am off to PARTY!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!! Exactly what I needed today

Selina

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!! Exactly what I needed today

Selina

Betsy said...

Oh my friend, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I'm SO ready for spring this year. I don't know why this year seems so different to me. Although we have had lots of snow and the ground is covered with more on the way in the next three days, it's not anymore than we ever have. I think it's because we got snow early this year and it's been cloudy and icky pretty much ever since. But hope is on the way! March begins tomorrow and warmth will eventually arrive. It always does.

I loved your scripture verse. So true and I remind myself constantly that if God cares about a little sparrow, how much more does He care about us, about me, whom He made in His image? Thank you for the reminder once again.

Blessings,

Betsy

Carolyn said...

I live in the South, so I relish Fall & Winter because I really hate the scorching, brutal heat of summer. So far this Winter has been pretty cold and we have already had snow & ice. I don't mind the snow, but the ice is especially awful. For me, the heat will come all too soon. I know each season must come, and i's good to know that God is on control and makes sure that they do indeed come. We can count on His promises.
May your warm weather come soon for you.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, I am off to FL.
Hope you have a great weekend!
I also take vitamin D3 every other day. Blessings, Roxy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details