Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Broken Into Beautiful~




My Bones Are Broken~

Psalms 51:8
Make me to hear joy and gladness:
that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.


Psalms 51 is the account of David’s prayer after sin had separated him from his Heavenly Father~ his God.  David was in a pit.  David had caused his own pit ~ don’t get me wrong. 

But God still heard him and returned the joy of his salvation. The entire chapter is an amazing chapter to me. A broken hearted David calling out to God and God answering his prayer. David’s heart was hurting, his bones were broken, he had lost his joy, and he felt far from God. He begged God to cleanse him~ to forgive him~ to return his joy and to wash his heart clean.

This morning I am writing this post as I just read Psalms 51 and the above verse is what I desperately need. I have found myself in a pit. Before you start thinking I have committed some big horrendous sin like David did to land in his very own pit~ it is not the case. I am a sinner saved by grace as we all are but I have been thrown into this pit I find myself. I am taking a long look at my religion and replacing it with a relationship. 

Have you ever just been so discouraged in your walk of faith that you feel like God has forgotten where you are?  Some things have happened to cause me to question how much religion I have and how much relationship I truly have. Leaders whom I have trusted have let me down.  I have been here before and I suppose I will be here again. Disappointed in man but never disappointed in God. 

  I am waiting for God to pick me up out of this pit I am praying for God to help me find His will. In this valley, I may feel like God has forgotten where I am but I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is still with me and has a reason for me to go through this valley. God never allows His children to suffer pain for no reason.


If there is a door that needs opened I am praying for God to open it. If a door needs closed I am asking God to close it. If there is a road I need to find~ I am asking God to help me find it. In the middle of the storm I am holding onto God. And I know I can trust Him because He has never let me down yet. Life is hard but God is good.

God does not want prayers quoted from a book~ He wants us to pray our prayers from a heart as a child speaks to his father. He does  not want our service to Him to look spit and polished ~ He wants us to be real. God is not impressed with our ritual traditions of men performed in our services.  He desires us to have a relationship not, a religion. I fear we Baptist have  grown into our own traditions of man and rituals looking very religious but somewhere along the way we have lost our relationship with the One True God. How about you?   

He longs for  us to give Him our messy and broken lives so He can take broken and make them into beautiful.


Psalms~
51 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.


5 comments:

Betsy said...

So very true Carrie. I am at sort of a crossroads myself right now. We've been at the same church for 20 years now and it seems as if the new direction is to appeal to the masses of people by providing entertainment rather than depth. It is less, oh I can't find the word. You can slip into church, be entertained, somewhat like going to a movie, without ever being challenged in your OWN heart and relationship to God.
Not that others are responsible for my heart, but it's hard to feel that connection in ownership sometimes in that kind of atmosphere. I am SO glad that we can come to the Father on our own and not depend on others. Thank you for this post today my friend. I needed it. I'm sorry if it his comment is rather disjointed and doesn't make sense. My thoughts keep flitting around on different topics in this bigger subject.
Blessings,Betsy

Sandra said...

I know just what you mean. Over the years I just took so many men's words for things and never really questioned what the scriptures truly said on a matter. They sounded right and it felt right but I never 'studied' it out. I too am in a place where I want to know what God says and what God means in the scriptures and I want to listen to 'HIS' sweet voice. It's been hard but I feel like for the first time in my life, I am walking in freedom, listening to the voice of my sweet Savior and following HIM, not man. I'm FREE!!!

Farming On Faith said...

Betsy~ you are such an encouragement to me.
I am glad my preaching to myself was what you needed.
Have a wonderful evening.

Farming On Faith said...

Sandra~ God is truly taking me to a new place.
So glad you have walked through this journey and feel free.


Ann at eightacresofeden said...

'Disappointed in man but never disappointed in God.' That phrase jumped out of me from your post Carrie. It's how I felt when I read recently about the demise of a ministry brought about the sin/deception of the man who was its leader. I am not even closely connected with this ministry, it's based in your country not mine but I used to order their books, DVDs and resources. I believed in their vision and it was what I wanted for my family though at times I wondered if it all seemed 'too perfect'. We even have a family orientated business today as a result of being inspired by this ministry. When I found out that the ministry was no more and its leader had not lived out what he preached all those years I felt so let down and confused. But as you say God will never disappoint us. I need to keep my eyes on Jesus and it's His Word which should be my guide and it is the Lord I should seek first when wanting to know the vision for our family. More than anything else I want to have a relationship with Him and that is what I want for my children.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details