Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I Need A Do- Over?





2 Timothy 2:6

 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

I love mornings~if you are not a morning person I feel sorry for you. You miss the beautiful sunrise and the birds chirping. 

I love a blank new page~I get to start over. Don't you just love a chance to do it over? A new day is a do over~and today maybe I will get it right!

In my early years of raising our children, I was a huge fan of Emilie Barnes~she has since slowed down and does not write or speak as much. I will be forever grateful to her and will one day sit down in Heaven and thank her! She is the queen of 15 minutes. In reading her books I have adopted the 15-minute rule. If you have an extra 15 minutes~wipe down a bathroom, fold a load of clothes~ect... This concept has helped when tremendously. But the most important 15-minute rule I have is taking 15 minutes a day to read the Proverbs of the day~today being Proverb 5. No matter how busy I get~ I do my best to take 15 minutes to connect with God. 

Proverbs 3:6 
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I need God to make my path straight. I need Him to redeem my time, to direct me, and to guide me. If I don't spend time with Him~how in the world can He speak to me? I need answers~His answers. I take great comfort in knowing that when I spend TIME with Him ~He will direct my paths! 

His mercies are new each and every day. I am going to celebrate that on this cold ~ winter-like a day.




6 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen and Amen. I also have to take those minutes early in the day or else I let other things creep in and take over my day.
Blessings,
Betsy

Danice said...

Very inspirational. Thank you for the post :)

Heather said...

Amen sometimes I need a do over as well. So glad God showers us in His Grace! and so glad it does not run out!! I just journaled about this the other day too!! Hope your keeping warm ~Love Heather

Amy said...

Yes! Yes! We read the daily proverbs each day too. What a blessing they are to read and digest. Thank you for your words today!!Blessings!

Carolyn said...

Amen! Love this post. It's so true. I too, am a morning person. My days begin at 4:30 and sometimes earlier if I wake up before the alarm. I have insomnia as well, so I am doing good to get 4-5 hours of sleep per night. If I ever sleep in, I feel as if the best part of the day is already gone. I love doing my chores early and listening to the birds singing and seeing the sun rise. Mornings are my favorite! And you quoted one of my favorite scripture verses.
Have a blessed day!

Janet Mc said...

I Love your Post! I Love that you are such a Godly handmaiden of the Lord!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details