Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Would I Look Like If Jesus Lived My Life For Me Today?





This morning I am reading my devotion from 40 Days To Easter. It asks this question~ What if for one day Jesus could take over and live my life for me? He wakes up in my bed, has the same chores, the same pains, the same questions, the same concerns?  Nothing about my life changes at all~ except Jesus has my heart~ for one day I get the day off and Jesus takes over. (Oh~ wouldn't that be great? I can see myself on a sunny beach with no care in the world sipping Diet Coke.)

Wow,~ think about that. What would that look like? Would people see a difference in my behavior? Would they recognize me ~ would they think I was abducted by aliens? 
Would my family see more love in me? Would my friends see more compassion?  Would neighbors see my light shine ? How about my worries and fears? Would I be worried and troubled about simple little daily issues~ money ~kids~ religion~ church~ broken dreams~ broken appliances~ broken relationships??  Would I have more joy for the journey? 

What about my agenda for today~ would that change? Would what I see as important really matter that much to Jesus?  What would my day~ my week~ my life look like if Jesus were living my life?  Would I have to take less aspirin? 


Philippians 2:5

 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

God wants us to think and act like Jesus. What matters to Jesus today? What is important to Him today?  How does Jesus act? 

Ephesians 4:23-24

King James Version (KJV)
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die so we don't have to be good enough~ have enough faith or get it all right. But God does love us so much that He doesn't want to leave us as we are. He wants us to grow in our faith and our walk and talk. He wants us to have a heart like Jesus. Maybe it's just that simple. Maybe today we take a long hard look not at religion but rather in what would our life look like today if Jesus were orchestrating our whole entire messy life~ and surrender to living it out just the way He wants us to. 

Micah 6:8

King James Version (KJV)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Ahhhh. An I interesting question and one I want to ponder throughout the day. I have a feeling it would be nothing like I live my life.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sandra Bartram said...

Last night I watched a sermon and it was about the only thing we need to do each day, is make the Lord look good. If we get stuck in long lines at the airport or traffic or someone is rude to us in a business or WHATEVER, our one goal is to make Jesus look good. Your post goes right along with that. God must be trying to tell me something!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details