Friday, April 4, 2014

Grandma Jean's Pickled Beets Recipe





If you have visited an Amish home or Restaurant~ you know that Pickled Beets are on most tables. I just love them. I would buy them from my Amish neighbors for about $8.00 a quart. I found this recipe in my Grandma's recipes. It is so good! Hope you enjoy!

2 cups sugar
3-1/2 c. white vinegar
1-1/2 c. water
1 t. salt
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. all spice
4 16 oz. cans small whole beets, drained
4 1-pint canning jars and lids

Combine sugar, vinegar, water, salt, and spices in a large kettle; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add beets. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; cool. Pack into hot jars; cover with liquid. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.


1 comment:

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Carrie, Your blog looks so fresh and lovely! I just love it!
Hope you are doing great! I am going to pin this one...
Come visit soon! We are expecting our 8th grandchild!!!!!!
Blessings to YOU
Love, Roxy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details