Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Well Hello May~





 Happy May~
May is my favorite month. I mean the flowers are blooming~ the birds are singing and summer is ahead of us. The whole world looks lovely in the month of May.

I love this song Amy Grant sings.  I am an "80's" girl who still comes through sometimes~ Amy will forever remind me of the that great time in my life.


"Do you remember how the summers felt when we were just kids ~ we didn't think much about it we just lived. When did we start trying to measure up. Don't try so hard!  "

I just love those words. May seems to bring back that girl who just lived ~ each day having fun and enjoying the journey. We are covered in God's grace the day we accept Him as our Lord and Saviour. I have to remind myself  of that often! I somehow forget that I don't have to try so hard. I am a child of the King~ covered and redeemed in grace. 

This week I am getting ready for our son's graduation and open house.  I am preparing with a few tears. Our son is the baby~ he turns 18  on his graduation day. Somehow this seems to be the end of the line of birthday bashes. I mean I have decorated cakes and orchestrated parties from Minnie Mouse to Buzz and Woody~ the worst being Nemo. I had a heck of time getting that fish to look like a fish.


 Caleb's Graduating Class.




Caleb and Andrea
 Homeschool Prom 2014


Oh~ what this Momma wouldn't do to turn back those hands of time. Only we don't get the chance to do so~ do we?  No~ we need to be living in the moment~ enjoying the journey today.  Instead of having myself a pity party I have decided to count my blessings. There is no greater way to cheer up than start singing that old hymn. Count your blessings name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done.  God has done so many wonderful things in my life ! Wow~ when I get to counting I feel a little spoiled. 

Psalm 95:2


 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving,
 and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

It is amazing how you can get carried away from worries and woes when you start naming our  blessings one by one. When we start naming out loud all the things God is doing in our lives~ right away our focus starts shifting from the troubles and trials to the Father's graciousness and love. It truly works~ try it!



I will be back soon~ for now I am polishing floors through the tears.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I understand totally the feelings you're having. I tell the young Mom's today to not wish the time away. Enjoy each moment to the fullest. Don't stress and worry so much. Do they hear me any better than I heard the ladies who shared those same sentiments with me? I hope so. God gives us a finite time to shape the young minds we're given. I would also love to turn back the hands of time and play more. Not worry about the dust and dirt.

Congratulations on the graduation. Well done Mama.
Blessings,
Betsy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details