Monday, June 16, 2014

Broken~








There is a song that speaks to me called "Make Me Broken." Whew~ I feel broken this morning. Do you ever feel broken? Nothing like the death of a parent~ it just breaks you. Suddenly the foundation of who you are~the very rock that is beneath your feet seems to crumble.

 I will never forget the call three years ago when my brother called to tell me my father had passed away. My world stopped in that moment. I was mad, hurt, shocked~ I had things I wanted to say.  I really wanted just to hug him and say goodbye.

 A week ago Monday once again I received that call. My mother -in -love had gone into cardiac arrest and passed away to Glory. Our hearts are broken. It is even harder yet when it is sudden and you just never had the time to say goodbye. 

God has told us in His Word that there is a day we are born and there is a day when we will die. When we die is not an accident or left to chance. The Bible makes it very clear that our lives are in His hands. Not only does He know the time of our death but He appointed it. We all know that because sin entered into the World death passed upon all men.


Job 14:5

King James Version (KJV)
Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;

 There are so many questions that God did not answer about death. One thing we all know is that death is sure for us all. What matters most is we are prepared to die. We can be prepared by giving our lives to Christ and trusting Him to forgive us of our sins and save us. 

I remember the day in September 1984  when I gave my heart to Christ and asked Him to forgive me of my sins and become my Saviour. My life has never been the same. He moved in and began a work in me that I can never explain. Now He walks with me and talks with me and calls me His own.  Even in my broken times ~God has never left me.

 Please make your commitment to Christ today.  When my children get that call that will drop them to their knees they can know with confidence that their momma had made her reservation and is walking with Her Saviour. 

Now that is something to celebrate.


Psalm 31:15a

 My times are in thy hand:






3 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Monther in law, Carrie.. May God's grace be upon all of you.. Yes, I am prepared! I love the Lord and want to live daily for Him! He has redeemed me from sin and death..(Hell). Thank you for your bold and honest sharing of the gospel today! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

im hugging u right now

Down On The Farm said...

Prayers for you and your family today my friend. What a comfort to know you will see her again. Yes, it hurts. But what a blessed assurance to know that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details