Tuesday, June 3, 2014

He Knows Me By My Name~


     This is my little Corgi.  She came from a little farm up the road. However~ she has grander beginnings. Her dad was a Welsh Corgi and her mom was a Cardigan Corgi.  The other day I took her to her vet and a lady came up to play with her and  referred to her as one of the Queen's dogs. That is because Queen Elizabeth has owned Corgis since she was a child. Most times she has 5 or 6. I was impressed because many people ask me what she is. The Corgi dogs are cattle herders that come from England. So I thought she should be called by an English name ~ Pippa.


     Names have meaning. I rescued a grown cat from being put down on my church bus route when I was a little girl. I loved that Smoky Gray cat. I called her Smoky~ of course.



     One of my children (Gypsy Girl) was always bringing home the strays. One was Annie because she was left as a newborn by the side of the road. So Orphan Annie seemed fitting.

      One was Patches because she looked like a patchwork cat. We had a couple wild cats~ they became Sister Kitties.


We once adopted a horrible little Dalmatian~ His name was Spanky. He went to a farm where he could run. The city was a dangerous place for him.


      Our beloved Emma Jean was a family favorite. When we picked her out she just looked like a sweet little girl. Jean seemed to evolve~ somehow we give all our pets middle names.

     We had Jack Frost the guinea pig. Dad brought him home in a Christmas bag~ it was Christmas time. Jack Frost was solid white and we had just watched Jack Frost~ the movie. One of his fourth graders had pestered him long enough to adopt one~  and he did. Surprise!

     Between My Hannah and her Daddy~ we were/are never short on pets.

    Each time we adopt a new pet into the Shindorf family we pride ourselves in picking just the right name. I even named all 12 chickens I owned. It's true! Names have meaning.

     Remember the show~ "Cheers?" I hated that show but I loved the theme song. We all want to go where everybody knows our name.  Really it is saying we want to be somewhere where we are special and we are accepted~ loved.


    God knows you by name! He loves you! He accepts you! He doesn't call you  "that girl" or "that man." Nope ~He knows you by your name! Wow~ that is a reason to celebrate today. The Almighty God ~ the Creator of the Universe knows you by your name!


Isaiah 43:1

 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art 

2 Timothy 2:19

 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I am SO glad He knows me by name. That is always amazing to me.

We always seem to give our animals middle names too.
Oliver George our adopted cat, found by the roadside.
Annabelle Sue, a sweetheart who is gone now. And of course our sweet Chloe Anne. She is my constant companion. Names are important indeed.
Blessings,
Betsy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details