Thursday, June 26, 2014

Praying For An Open Door~






Good Morning~ Hope you are having a Thankful Thursday. 

I just did the Facebook scroll and found this~



Wow~ what wise words. I am choosing Joy today. How about you?

I have been praying for God to open and close the doors in my life for as long as I can remember. He has never once let me down. Once again ~I am praying and waiting for the next door to open. Nothing shakes a homeschool mom of 23 years like coming to the end of the road and finding only closed doors. I have been knocking and seeking and I would love to say I am waiting patiently but that is just not the case. I am panicking~ questioning and feeling lost. 

I feel like a fish out of the water. As I sit in an empty house and listen to the coo coo clock tick I am waiting for the next door to open. The Bible teaches an open door is an opportunity  to do God's will. It teaches us that God opened doors by His providence. God does not leave His servants without direction. 

Paul speaks of God opening a door for him~
 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,  (2 Cor. 2:12)  Many times Paul rejoices when God opened doors for him. 

 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds  Colossians 4:3

Paul prayed that a door would be opened unto him. And the Bible records many times his prayers were answered with opened doors. The Scripture shares those opened doors: in a synagogue, on a riverbank, in a school, and in a prison. We know that Paul had seen many doors opened and even some that were closed. He trusted God to open and close the doors that needed to be in his life. 

We need to believe that God will do the same for us today. He never leaves His children without hope and guidance. Now that is something to celebrate today.


4 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

I am in the same boat my friend. Our son graduated from college, bought a house, and moved out over a month ago. And our daughter will attend college in Springfield, about two hours ago. We move her in 47 days . . . not that I'm counting. I am so proud of them I can't stand it. But so SAD also. I don't know what I do next. I've been a mom for 21 years, and while I will ALWAYS be their mom, it won't be the same. Today I am agreeing with you in prayer that God will reveal Himself to you, and show you HIS PLAN for the next season of your life. I ask Him to bless you and encourage you and lift you up. Just keep waiting for that still small voice. He will guide you. Love you my friend! (What is Caleb going to do now??)

Camille said...

It truly is a precious thing to rest in the perfect Sovereignty of our Loving Heavenly Father...isn't it? Oh, Carrie...23 years of homeschooling...wow!!! I am not where you are, yet...but, I can imagine that it would feel like you are that fish out of water. I am praying for you today that the Lord would open that next door for you. He is Faithful to lead...keep on following. Hugs to you! Camille

Sandra said...

I felt the same way, so bored, wondering when God was going to give me SOMETHING to do FOR HIM. Now I have A LOT. In his time he will. Now I realize that mentally I was not ready to do anything. God has to clear our minds and hearts some times before we can fully give our attention to what he wants us to do.

Betsy said...

I understand how you feel Carrie. After our youngest "flew the coop" almost 6 years ago I became a full time homemaker again after 13 years in the workplace. (Three kids in college at once does that to a mom.). I had also been a homeschooling mom before that.
I'm still praying for God to open doors, or at least that I not be too blind and miss the opens that are open a crack. I'm beginning to think that He wants me right where I am. Knitting and crocheting for several different charities and loved ones. Teaching homemaking skills to a younger generation. Being thre for my husband and kids when they need a listening ear.
I'll be praying for you Carrie. Life is one door after another but so etimes they're hard to recognize.
Blessings,
Betsy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details