Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Sometimes Jesus Is Caught ~ Not Taught." - Pastor Paul




This Baptist girl was so blessed by The New Lothrop Nazarene Chruch in New Lothrop, Michigan. I can't tell you how blessed our family was by the church that our parents attend. In preparing for our Mother's funeral ~ the church was so warm and inviting. The spirit of God is upon that church and those people. From the musician who played for me to the ladies who had the most wonderful dinner for our weary family. They ministered to us to us in a way that I know God in Heaven was taking notice. The Pastor had a wonderful message ~ reassuring us that our Mom had placed her faith in Jesus Christ as her Saviour. Inviting any and all to also accept her Saviour so that we can be reunited with her one day.That is just as good as it gets. I am rejoicing through the tears~ God answers prayers.

Upon returning home my husband and I listened to the last sermon our Mother's Pastor preached to her. Wow~ it was on "Renewing Your Strength." He had been led by God to preach that sermon and we now know her God was preparing her for her final journey home.

 I talked to her last Monday morning ~ the day she passed over and she had renewed her strength. I could hear it in her voice. She was energized and happy and had full of hope surrounding several issues we discussed that morning. That is just like our God. He is for us~ He was for our Mother and was preparing her for what was ahead.

Her Pastor made a statement~ "Sometimes Jesus is caught ~ not taught." God places people just where He wants them. My mother-in-law was a strong woman. She was the type that would have had to catch Jesus~ so to speak. Another answer to prayer. God knew what Pastor she needed. Wow~ that is so good.

 So this Wednesday morning I am rejoicing that God loves us so much that He is working in our lives and on our behalf even when we don't see it. We can trust Him~ we only need to place our trust in Him.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1~




Trusting in Him, who can go with me and remain with you,
 and be everywhere for good, let us confidently hope 
that all will yet be good. - Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen and Amen! What a wonderful testimony for a church to have. Ministering to those who are hurting, in any way, is what we are called to do. It sounds as though your parents found a place to worship that teaches the Word very well.
My prayers are with you and your family as you continue to mourn and rejoice.
Blessings,
Betsy

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Carrie, I am sending you a hug!
What a blessed assurance we have in Christ Jesus!
May you all find rest and peace also! So wonderful that her church blessed her family. What a wonderful farewell...
Love, Roxy

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I just love that.. 'Jesus is sometimes caught not taught.' Reminds me of how my dad found Christ shortly before he died. He had attended church for years and heard countless messages and teaching but God used Godly neighbours from a different church who visited him in hospital when he was ill who shared with him personally on a one to one basis why he needed to know God personally. We really do have to be and live out that message of God's love so that people see and catch it don't we? Yes, I truly believe God places people just where He wants them and He brings people into our lives that He wants us to minister to.
So lovely to hear of how you were looked after. Continuing in prayer for you and the family. I had a dream last night that I came to America and met you and Brian and also Ashley and Alex! It was so vivid that I was kinda disappointed to wake up and realize it was only a dream! The Lord must be placing you on my heart for sure!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details