Monday, July 28, 2014

If I Could See What The Angels See~







Happy Monday~
I am back. So enjoyed giving up our normal day to day sameness for a few weeks of vacation. For those of you that follow and know our family ~ you know our lives revolve around a school year. We think life is an accumulation of four quarters each containing nine weeks with summer thrown in for good measure and saneness of mind.

 Oh my~ how I have enjoyed summers. When the kids were small (dad being a teacher had the summers mostly off) we would party the entire summer with vacationing, swimming and roasting hot dogs at midnight. Aww~ I miss those days.

This summer started with a sad goodbye. We are still working through the emotions and grief of losing my mother-in-law.  It was not the normal summer of celebration.

 We are took our first vacation without the kids~ bittersweet. They are all starting their own "summer traditions" with their families and the last remaining child at home is so busy I catch his dirty clothes and text him when I miss him. He just doesn't understand when I ask where he is that I am really saying I miss my boy and I really want you to come home. Why should a boy be working three jobs anyway?

As I was cooking breakfast this morning and sending off My Brian for another school year this song came on from Amy Grant. This 80's girl at heart loves me some "Amy Grant." It just takes me back to sweet~ summer days.




If I could hear what the angels hear ~ I would never doubt that God is near. Wow~ what more could we ask for than to know that God Almighty is walking right beside us? He sees and hears each and everything I feel today. He knows my fears~ my struggles ~ my tears~  and my laughter. 

If I could know what the angles know. I would know that death is just a swinging door. That my mother-in-law took her last flight and walked through the door where Heaven's  splendor    opened for her. If only I  just see~ It would make the horrible sting of death seem sweeter.

The truth would be easier to believe is what Amy says. She is right you know. We would live more fervently for God if we could just see the other side for a moment . However~ we do know the truth. God recorded it just for us in His Word. 

So when the fears come we can go to ~

Isaiah 41:1 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


We we feel rejected we can go to~

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.


When we feel alone we can go to~

Psalm 139:1 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.



When we feel lost about our future we can go to~

Jeremiah 29:1 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


When we feel unloved we can go to~

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:


When our heart feels broken we can go to~

Psalm 34:1 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

The promises of God are all recorded~  thousands of them . We really do know what angles know. We only have to read and believe~ have faith that God has it all under control. 

Now that is something to celebrate on this beautiful Monday morning!


Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Girl!
What more could this momma ask for than a girl who loves God with all her heart!


1 comment:

Betsy said...

Thank your for these verses. With the world in the state it is in these days, it would be easy to just curl up in a ball from a state of fear. But...we have promises from the Lord our God, that He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. And...if believing in Him causes our ultimate death, then we will be with Him and have no more fear. So we just need to trust.

Thank you. And you do have a beautiful girl. Much love and thank you for your posts.
Blessings,
Betsy

My Friends~My Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Pages