Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's Good To Remember ~





Not long ago I was going through my photos to bring some order to them. While putting away Caleb's pictures that I used for his graduation ~I came upon a picture of my sister and I and a couple of friends. I sent the picture in a text to each to my girlfriends of my youth. (Well we can still be girls in our middle 40's and pushing~ right?) Not one of us was overly excited about the picture. Did we ever look silly in our 80's fashion? Yet ~ I enjoyed remembering those days. I have forgotten them and moved on to other things.

Time has a way of moving us along. We forget the events and people that have been important to us in the past. Time passes and yesterday fades. We really can't help it because life has a way of ushering in busyness and things that demand our attention. Like having babies and raising them and growing into a family~ a very busy and hectic family.

When this happens sometimes it may be easy to forget just where God has brought us from and all the times He has brought us through the happy days~ the sad days and every day in between.

When the trials in life come and we are feeling alone or afraid. It's good to remember. In looking back we can renew strength by remembering that He can be trusted in the present and in our future just as He could be trusted in our past. Can you give me a hallelujah ?

I think maybe the day King David sit down to pin this verse just maybe he was having a morning just like I am having this morning. I am in the middle of one of those times in my life where I really need to remember these verses.  How about you?

Psalm 103:1-8King James Version (KJV)

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

2 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

What an awesome reminder!

Heather said...

I always pull out my old journals they remind me of God's faithfulness in past trials ...May your burden be light ~Praying God will give you all the strength and faith you need for what ever trials you are facing ~Love Heather

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details