Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Easiest Way To Remove Skins From Tomatoes~





This is the easiest way to get the skins off tomatoes~ I promise.
Begin by spraying a cookie  sheet with olive oil.
Prepare tomatoes by coring them and cutting out all bad spots.
Place them stem side down on the pan.
Roast in the oven on 400 degrees for 20 minutes. 
Let them cool and them remove skins~ they pull right off.
This is not as messy as blanching them. 
Your tomatoes are now ready for your favorite salsa or marinara sauce.





3 comments:

Betsy said...

Thanks for this tip! I'm going to have to try it.
Blessings,
Betsy

living from glory to glory said...

Hi Carrie, What an easy and wonderful idea! I do not know if I will be canning this year. As I may be off soon to be with Momma and new baby...
Everytime the phone rings I jump...
Love Ya, Roxy

lisa wright said...

Hi Carrie, this is Lisa from Savannah.(lol) Hannah & I put up 19 qts. of stew tomatoes yesterday. Will this work for that also? It would save a lot of time.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details