Monday, September 8, 2014

A Lesson From Down Under~







I have a sweet blog friend~ Ann in Australia~  who has become a dear friend. You can follow her most days on Facebook under Grace My Table  (Just click that link) which is her new business.  I am already counting down the days because her daughter is coming to America for a holiday (as she would call it) and she will be coming here to stay for a few days. I am already concerned about what I can show her. I am so excited. Although ~ I am apprehensive that this "Show Me State" has anything as grand as all the beauty and exotic creatures they have in their own backyard. We are going to have a ball. I am already trying to plan our time together. It will be great fun having Michaela! 

One of the things that attracted me to Ann's blog was she is a homeschool mom who loves God with her whole heart. I love hearing about her koalas and her pythons in her back yard. I love hearing about her fancy cooking ~ which is much different than ours. But most of all we have become good friends across the miles~ sort of kindred souls.  I will visit her one day~ that is a promise, Ann!

A while back I was reading a Daily Bread and it talked about two of my dear friend's animals that are indigenous to Australia. I have seen pictures often on her blog of such ~ kangaroos and emus. Because of their body shape and the length of their strong tail they rarely move backwards. They can move along bouncing forward but can't shift easily in reverse. Both animals appear on Australia's coat of arms  as a symbol that the nation is to be ever moving forward and making progress. Kind of neat ~ Right!

I have held close to my heart what the Apostle Paul told us about how to approach this life of faith as a follower of Jesus. You see ~ he was a man who had tortured and put to death many Christ followers. That is until the day he had an encounter with Jesus ~ himself. When Paul invited Jesus into his heart he found forgiveness, mercy, and grace. I am sure he had to preach this sermon to himself so often and I am so glad he recorded it for me to remind myself oh-so-very often that it is wise to learn from the past but we are to be moving forward~ making progress just like the beautiful Australia. 


Philippians 3:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
I plan to move forward today~ never reaching back. 

4 comments:

Betsy said...

How run to have Michaela come to visit you! (I have a niece with that name.) I know you'll find lots to do, just being yourself and showing her what YOU like. I love this world of blogland as I have made some very good "skin on" friends through blogland.
Blessings,
Betsy

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, I am so excited for her and You! What a blessing to have your home a haven and blessing to Anne's daughter. I have been also blessed by Ann. She is an amazing woman of God! I count it a blessing to know both of you ladies.
Love,Roxy

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Holding you to that promise Carrie whether it is Missouri or here in Australia! I am so thrilled my girl is coming to stay. I am sure she is going to love her time in Canada and the USA. Each place she is visiting is different to the next but what makes a trip special is meeting the people that call that place home. Missouri is going to be wonderful because you live there and will make her feel so welcome. I have been to a few places in the world but one of my favourite was Germany because I stayed with my penfriend - long before the days of blogs when people used to write letters. Her family looked after me like I was their own daughter. The hospitality was just incredible. The castles and stately homes were lovely but the best part was being in their home eating meals with them and wondering what they were talking about! At least Michaela won't have that problem! I actually didn't know what the kangaroo and emu signified apart from being indigenous wildlife. I am thankful that there are Godly men among the leaders of our country and as far as I know parliament still opens in prayer. Could have much to do with why the country is still moving forward!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Thought you might be interested to read the Parliamentary prayer which includes the Lord's Prayer which is read at the start of every day in the Senate. Please pray this continues for there have been numerous attempts for it to be abolished.


Prayer and acknowledgement of country

The President, on taking the chair each day, shall read the following prayer:

Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy special blessing upon this Parliament, and that Thou wouldst be pleased to direct and prosper the work of Thy servants to the advancement of Thy glory, and to the true welfare of the people of Australia.

Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details