Friday, September 5, 2014

Here Comes Fall~



 Happy Friday~
Today the temperatures are cool and I am trying to get motivated to get my fall decorating done. 
I will be heading to see my grand babies in a week and when I return home I will be having surgery. I am so excited to see my Texas family and Hannah will be coming home to take care of her momma. 

This is a re-post from last year to inspire me and maybe you too. I love this time of year but I am honestly  having a hard time this year with a cloud hanging over my head. I am going to get my worship music on and do my best. Trusting God one step at a time.  Hope you have a fantastic weekend.  Blessings ~ Carrie

          Everyone must take the time to sit 
and watch the leaves turn.
-Elizabeth Lawrence



I Love Fall~ I am so ready for some cool days~ apple cider and pumpkins. I also tend to think about organizing life this time of year but most importantly I work on recommitting to my devotion time with God. I so need it~ don't you?






F~Fellowship with Christ

The most important thing we can do in life is to have a strong relationship with God. Life is hard ~ I need God. Without Him I would be pushing through doors I should never go through and chasing my own foolish whims. I need His wisdom~ guidance and direction each and every day.


Romans 6:12-13 

 12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.


Psalm 119:11 


 11Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.



Colossians 3:16 


 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

A~Abiding in Christ


In order to abide in Christ, I need not only be in the Word constantly but I need to be in obedience with what He wants from my life.  Life is more peaceful when I am in harmony with my Creator.


"And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." 1 John 3:24


L~Leaning on Christ


We do not have to walk through this world alone. We don't have to survive in our own strength. We can lean on Christ. We can let Him fight our battles so to speak. And~it sure seems like life is full of battles. 


Life is much sweeter when I'm following my leader. (I just love that song.)


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."    Psalm 46:1

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."    Psalm 91:1,2

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."   2 Corinthians 12:10



L~Loving and Living For Christ


We should love Christ because He first loved us. He loved us so much that He gave His life in order for us to have fellowship with Him. He died to take away my sin and give me eternal life. It is only right that I should give Him my life and live according to His will and plan ~not according to my own agenda. 



"Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord." Romans 12:11

"Serve the LORD with gladness..."  Psalm 100:2



Fall  is such a wonderful time to refresh our relationship with God. As it brings us cool invigorating weather it can also bring us a close relationship with the Lord. It truly will revive our souls and bring us joy for our journey. 


Now don't we all need His crisp and invigorating power breezing through our lives. 





Happy first day of Fall!

6 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Beautiful home and a beautiful post! I always enjoy your words and your love of Christ. Great pairing of our love for FALL into a great time to reconnect with Christ. Thanks!

Betsy said...

Beautiful post and oh so true. Your decorations are stunning but the beauty in your heart that shows in your words. Thank you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Patty said...

Carrie, I know there were some scriptures there that I needed reminding of. Thanks for sharing. Hope the fall season brings you refreshment and joy!

Kim said...

I love your blog and I have read your for years on and off. I just want you to know that I will pray that all goes well with your surgery.
You have been a blessing to so many with all your words and encouragement with following Christ. You can tell that you are a great wife, momma and grandma. Blessings to you!

NanaNor's said...

Sweet Carrie, Girl I totally understand why it is so hard to get into decorating for fall. Like you said, there is a huge cloud over your head. Praying for peace that passes understanding and grace to walk through this time. I love your decorations and worship music always makes life sweeter. Sending love your way!
Noreen

Robinanne said...

Carrie, thanks for your comments on my blog. I've been thinking of you. It can be so hard to put that one step in front of the other, however, it is what we are called to do... I know the waiting has got to be the hardest thing..I pray a good word is coming your way! I love fall too...I actually love anything other than the heat of the hot/humid south Texas summer. Thanks for the reference to the Jennifer blog. I follow her but had not seen the pumpkin...love it. Stay strong my friend; and oh yes the hummers are definitely on the move.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details