Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's The Little Things~






Psalm 100:4 

 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Sometimes we women have a hard time staying content. We are always wanting something new, something better, something brighter. How many times ~I have thought if I could just go to Walmart (  I am a practical girl.) fill up a shopping cart  and get everything I think I need for my house to organize and make life better and prettier. Have you ever echoed that thought before?


The Scriptures are clear that a thankful heart is a happy heart. To have complete happiness we must enter into the Lord's presence with thanksgiving.  True happiness can not be bought or sought! It only comes from spending time with God in a close relationship. Everything else will only leave us feeling empty inside. God made us this way~with a need for Him.

When we try to put our husbands, children or things in this spot we will be unhappy!  I have found in my own life that when I am appreciative for all I have my mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions are in balance with each other. My chores run smoother and the mood of my home is peaceful. I find I am excited to jump out of bed each day challenged for what may come my way. I am  more fun to be around.

In our material world ~we need to take our eyes off the "stuff" and become women of thanksgiving. When we remain thankful, the possessions will be in proper perspective and happiness will not elude us.
I want to focus today on the little things and be thankful.

3 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

That is so true. If we can just step back and view life through the eyes of God, we would see how much effort we put into things that do not matter at all. I do not think that enjoying life is bad. And I don't think wanting a pretty house is wrong. Or a cartful of items from Wal-Mart :). But, I think when these things become too important, then our lives are out of balance. And sometimes we don't realize how easily WANTING something else can make us forget how much we already have. Thank you for reminding me of this. And reminding me to thank God for all He has given me. I am blessed!

Betsy said...

Amen! This is so true and appropriate for this time of year when materialism seems to get completely out of hand.
Blessings,
Betsy

NanaNor's said...

Blessings to you Carrie, You are speaking truth here-but it is a good reminder for us all. Once we cultivate and practice a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving, our lives change to reflect Him.
Hugs today.
Noreen

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details