Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Hardest Peace ~ Kara's Story



I think this is the hardest book I have ever read. My heart is still grieving and my tears are still flowing.
Kara is a young mother who shares her cancer story.  She shares how she is realizing she never really had faith or knew what grace was until she is facing day to day life knowing cancer is growing and spreading throughout her body.  My mother's heart just broke when she describes trying to make the best of each moment with her children. I will continue to pray for Kara and her sweet family. May God give them peace and comfort as they face this battle.

*** I have two books to give away. 
All you have to do is leave me a comment that you will pray for Kara to enter.
 I will draw the winners on November 1st.***

Kara Tippetts and her husband, Jason, have four children and lead a church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Cancer is only part of Kara's story. Her real fight is to truly live while facing a crushing reality. She blogs faithfully at mundanefaithfulness.com.


The Hardest Peace
A young mother battling cancer invites readers to embrace grace in every season of life.
Kara Tippetts knows the mundane but rich days of mothering four kids, the joy of watching her children grow.and the devastating reality of stage-four cancer.
In The Hardest Peace, she invites readers to see the grace of the everyday in all seasons of life and to live well even when the living is hard. As the thousands of readers of her blog know, Tippetts explores the hardest questions of life with rare beauty and honesty. Most of all, she draws them back to the God who is present, in the ordinary and the suffering, and shapes every life into the best story of all.
Learn more and purchase a copy at Kara’s website,Mundane Faithfulness.


5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

It sounds like a wonderful story even though a hard read.

Betsy said...

It is always astounding to me to see how different people react to tragedies in their lives. When it is a Christian, the grace and peace that I see them exude so often epitomizes the certainty of knowing what follows this life. Kara sounds like one of those people.
Blessings,
Betsy

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing Kara's story and her blog. If her blog is any indication, she has a great gift of words and I'm sure the book would be incredible. Prayers will be said for Kara and her family.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, I will pray!!!
What love and strength and peace she makes me want to rejoice in her brave battle. Thanks for sharing
Love, Roxy

Kathy Funk said...

Will betraying for her and her family. Would love to read her book.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details