Saturday, November 29, 2014

I Need A Little Peaceful Calm~





 Wow~ this time of year speeds up time I am just sure of it. If you are like me the turkey has been transformed into a hearty soup, the relatives have been hugged, the Black Friday shopping is done and now decking the halls has begun. Life is so sweet this time of year. I just love all the hustle and bustle and I love the making merry and bright. 

I am looking forward to a full house this December. All my babies are coming home for Christmas break and we are going to party. This is one happy Momma. And for those who have prayed for me and with me~ thank you! I am feeling so much better. 

Matthew 1:18 (KJV)

 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
I can't help but think of that first Christmas so long ago~ as I am scurrying around making my list and checking them off each day. The Bible tells us all about the the events and people leading up to the birth of the Messiah.  This morning I am pondering just what was in Mary's heart at this moment in time. Excitement, anticipation, but oh-my-stars she had to be afraid~ her life could have been at stake. What would people say and do? Would Joseph believe her? One thing was for certain about Mary~ She knew God in a special way. He picked her. His presence was with her. That makes me know she was full of peaceful calm.
This December I have made it my goal to focus on the greatest gift and miracle in the history of all time~ a little bit each day to prepare my heart for Christmas. 
As we go about buying our gifts and decorating our homes may we take time to notice the presence of God in our lives and the miracles He is performing all around us. As we wrap those gifts may we remember the GREATEST GIFT of all! Most of all~ may we walk so close to God that we feel His presence in our lives which will produce that peaceful calm that we all seek to find this special time of year. 

Happy Decorating~ 


3 comments:

Sandi said...

"All my babies are coming home for Christmas break and we are going to party. This is one happy Momma."


:-)

Camille said...

Yes, truly...the GREATEST Gift!! So thankful that the Lord came and is coming again! Oh, Carrie...I am so happy for you that you are going to have a full house with all your babies this year...what a rich blessing from the Lord!! Merry Christmas to you all. Hugs, Camille

Scrappy quilter said...

Carrie what a wonderful post. I totally agree with taking the time to really ponder on the greatest Gift we were given.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details