Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Power Of A Simple Life~



When I was in grade school  I was required to read "One Little Maid Of Israel." I still remember this book so well even though I was only in the 5Th Grade.

The little maid of Israel never opened the Red Sea. She never called down fire from the sky. She never won the heart of a King. She never gave birth to the Messiah. She was called only called the little maid of Israel.  She was a slave~a servant.

I often reminded my children that we did not have a maid. As Keepers of the Home~we are servants to our family. We can look at this with drudgery or we can take on the positive side of this. After all~Jesus Christ was a servant.

The little maid of Israel had a such a huge impact that deemed her worthy to be recorded in the very Word of God~the inspired Scriptures.

Let us look at some qualities about her:


  • *She was in an inferior position in society~a servant.
  • *She had a personal walk with God.
  • * She could recognize a man of God.
  • * She  had a respected and Godly testimony~she had earned a good reputation.


Because this young lady loved and served the One true God others noticed. Even though her position was one of inferiority ~God saw her heart and He loved her and used her for His plan and purpose. When we walk with the Lord~others will notice. 

May we all be encouraged today because no matter what position in life we hold we can walk with God.  God is waiting.  I am here to encourage you today~ The power of a simple life should never be minimized! 


2 Kings 5
 1Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
 2And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
 3And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.


7 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

That is so very true. Stay warm my friend!

Sandi said...

I love this story. Love that she was a little maid, but made a huge impact and appeared in recorded history all these years later. Inspirational!

Connie said...

Hello Carrie, I am delighted to meet you and was inspired and touch my your post. I am always looking for a good read and it looks like you are a recommender of good books. This is good to know . . . the winters are long and I do more reading when I don't have as many outside chores to do:) I am your newest follower, I would be honored if you were to visit my blog and follow me back. There is nothing quite so sweet as making new friends and I have found blogging sisters to be among the very best.
Have a wonderful thanksgiving.
Connie :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Such a wonderfully true story and encouragement for our faith and lives. However, this little maid was less than a servant, she was a slave but one who served with dignity and respect.
Again, a wonderful encouragement!

Charlotte Wohler said...

Loved this! This is something I would like to share w/my girls youth group, grades 4 thru 8.
Thank you.

Camille said...

We are slaves of the Lord...oh, that we would really let this truth sink deep into our hearts. How powerful it is to be used by HIM! Hugs to you, Carrie. Blessings, Camille

Barbara said...

amen, great story...hugs my friend.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details