Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Is All Up To You~ Mom




Are you feeling the pressure to create the "perfect" Christmas? As the mom of the family, it seems that it all falls on us~ the planning, shopping, wrapping, baking and on and on it goes. That's just the way it is. We do all the preparations and our family who are the featured players. Are you hearing me? Two weeks tomorrow and it is here. I just want to say to you ~ "MOM." God sees all you do~ the hours~the tired feet and aching back. You are loved and valued by God.

As I ponder the Christmas story today~ I am thinking of Joseph as he woke up from the dream in which the angel told him to fear not. That angel validated what his beloved Mary had told him. You know that story that many would not believe. That angel told him to name that sweet baby~ Jesus. That baby that would not be his but he would love as his. Joseph loved Mary and he did love that baby. He protected Mary and was by her side and cared for her as she gave birth to our Messiah. Wow~ we don't talk about Joseph much ~ but I say what a man. What a special role he played in our salvation.

Catch that ~Emmanuel which we all know means that God is with us.  That is just a good place to focus today. We are not alone in our preparations as the Mom who makes it all happen this time of year. God is with us. Now that is a reason to celebrate today.

Happy Preparing~

4 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Amen! Great post! I was just fussing (in my head) about no help...no help at all...I have two grown sons and a husband...did I mention no help..lol. But I need to remember who I really am celebrating. Thank you!!

Down On The Farm said...

Amen sister!!! Have a wonderful day :)!

Heartfelt living said...

Thanks Carrie for this post today. I certainly needed this. Merry Christmas and God Bless you for sharing.

Patty said...

Hope your having a wonderful Christmas season!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details