Saturday, February 28, 2015

Cheer Up~ Buttercup





I wandered as a cloud,
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at one I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
-William Wordsworth


Oh, my stars~ I don't want to complain but I am so ready to see these sweet little daffodils. They are a forerunner of what's to come here in Missouri. Sometimes they bloom in the midst of snow. They most always bloom in March. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival this year. My grandmother called them Buttercups. What do you call them?

Yellow is my favorite color of all the colors. It reminds me of sunshine and makes me happy. I love all flowers but yellow anything is my favorite.




My Boston and I planted these yellow flowers for his momma a couple years ago. Flowers have a way of making me smile. They remind me of the amazing Creator of the Universe. They cheer me up~ they just make life beautiful. I love to watch them bloom.



These flowers I bought at a greenhouse owned by a sweet Amish lady.
They were new last year ~ they are called Lemon Slices.
I am hoping to find them again this year.

 
I love to nourish my flowers. I talk to them, feed them, water them and give them coffee grounds and egg shells for a special treat.  I make sure they have plenty of sunshine. It has to be just right. I may move a planter several times if it is not getting enough sun or too much sun. It may sound silly to you but it does make them bloom.
  
Wouldn't it be great if someone could just nourish our souls like I nourish my flowers? When we are feeling a little wilted in life ~ it would be like magic to have someone water us, feed us and place us in the sunshine so we could bloom. Just nourish us until we glowed again.

When life gets a little gloomy we want others to nourish us ~ we tend to wilt and dry up in our faith just like the flowers do when they are neglected. Sometimes others are just as wilted themselves. Our Heavenly Father~ the Creator of this Universe is not only our Redeemer but He is the Restorer.

Here is a little sunshine for your soul~ a little nourishment for your wilted self. 
I could use a little myself today~


Matthew 11:28

 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 23:3

 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 145:14

 The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.

Psalm 71:28-31

 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.



Now isn't that better? 
Cheer up Buttercup!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh yes, I'm ready for spring please. I call them daffodils and Although my favorite color is lavender/purple, any spring flower makes me smile.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Very warm and springy post:-) So ready myself for spring. But until then we enjoy the rain and wind. At least there is no snow.

Blessings,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I think we are all ready for spring! Another wonderful post that I so needed this morning. I am struggling with some things right now and needed some reminders of Gods love for me . You are always such an encouagement.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details