Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Honey Buttermilk Bread Recipe



2 tsp yeast
1 tsp organic sugar
1/4 cup warm water
2 cups of warm buttermilk
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter (let cool to warm)
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
 6 cups flour ( I used 3 cups unbleached four and 3 cups wheat flour.)


* Mix yeast and sugar with warm water in a small bowl. Too warm for a babies' bath water. Let sit and froth to top of the bowl.

* Mix buttermilk, honey, baking soda together and add to yeast mixture.

* Add three cups of flour to the above mixture and mix on low with a kneader in a Kitchen Aid until well mixed.

* Add warm butter and mix well.

* Slowly add the last three cups of flour until well kneaded.

*Place in greased bowl for about an hour until it doubles in size.

*Punch down and divide into two loaf pans.

* Let the dough rise until double again

* Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

* Brush with butter and let stand in pans for 10 minutes before removing.

Enjoy!!


2 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

I am going to make this today Carrie, thanks for the amazing recipe!

Quiltingranny said...

Carrie:
I wish I had a picture to show you of the bread. However, by the time I returned from church there was just enough for me to soak in my soup! It was delish and got 60 thumbs up in our family!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details