Thursday, March 26, 2015

How Many Times Do I Have To Tell You? Amazing Devotional For All Moms





As a retired homeschool mom of 23 years I love to read books from fellow homeschool families. When this book arrived in the mail it came wrapped in tissue and M&Ms with a sweet note. How fun is that? Thank you Rachel for your sweetness.

I absolutely loved this devotional. It is written about every day life as a homeschool mom of seven, with 23 years of experience. Any mom who home schools seven children and finds the time to write a book is amazing. 

What I love about this book is that is it written with everyday life thrown in as the theme of each devotion. Each chapter is a small devotion with thought provoking questions at the end. It can be read in order or you can pick and choose which devotion speaks to you on any given day. 

  How many times have we said, "How many times do I have to tell you?"~ to our children? What 
Rachel discovered was how impatient she was with her children but God is never impatient with us.  She begin to take notice of all the phrases she told her kids to keep them in line and God convicted her that she needed to pay attention to what her Heavenly Father told her time and time again. Ouch! We all need to take notice of that.

This book is a must have resource for any mom. I rate this book 5+ stars. Great Job Rachel ~ I so enjoyed it and this copy is going to my daughter the mother of my sweet grandbabies.  Thank you for writing from your heart and I pray your wisdom will be en encouragement to my sweet girl too. 

You can visit Rachel at her blog here!

About the book:
How Many Times Do I Have to Tell You? (Apologia Educational Ministries, March 2015)
You’ve probably said these things to your kids, but have you listened to what you’re saying?
“I remember the day you were born.”
“Turn down the music!”
“This is going to hurt me more than it’s going to hurt you.”
“Hold my hand.”
Your heavenly Father wants to tell you many of these same things. Rachael Carman knows how noisy it can be when you’re raising children—she has seven! But this lovely devotional book will help you to hear God’s still, small voice amid the chaos of carpools, cut fingers, and carpet crawlers. You’ll learn how to recognize God’s instructions for you, even as you seek to follow His example as a parent.
About the Author:
Rachael Carman is an author and speaker for Apologia Educational Ministries. The wife of Davis and the mother of seven children, Rachael challenges parents to live by reckless, obedient faith. As a direct reflection of her heart's desire to encourage, inspire, and celebrate motherhood, Rachael also leads Real Refreshment Retreats, weekend events that energize and invigorate homeschooling mothers with meaningful worship and speakers plus practical encouragement for the homeschool journey.


1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

Looks like a great book. I homeschooled as well and love reading stories of others who homeschooled. I will be looking for this one.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details