Thursday, March 19, 2015

I'm Just Going To Sing~




This morning I am reading all these devotionals along with my Proverbs and the reading of the day. Sometimes do you ever just feel flat? Not for lack of trying as you can see. I mean I start my day with a hand-full of devotions~ listen to several sermons and still feel like I just don't have anything to offer.

I don't even feel like I have anything to share on this blog this very morning.  I just need God Almighty to reach down and give me a hug. Do you know what I mean? I don't drink or smoke or run with those who do~ I need to hear a message to help me make it through the crisis of the day. And we all have those~ don't we? If not ~ we only have to look at our National News to have our hearts bleed for our brothers and sisters being beheaded on the other side of the world.

I am having that kind of day. I read my Bible and many greater than I had these kind of times too.  You know what I do when this happens? I begin to sing. I sing~ "What can take away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus." 

 I go back to a time when I was a little girl sitting in a little brick building with wooden pews. I loved sitting in the pew and singing to Jesus. I felt such joy in my soul as a 5-year-old girl. The message was a little over my head but oh how those songs stirred my heart to love Jesus more.  The Jesus who would never leave me or forsake me. I remember thinking there were fears outside those plaster walls but inside I felt safe and secure. I felt as if Jesus Himself picked me up and hugged me as I sang those old-fashioned hymns.  Those hymns which I come to glean from through personal experience all my almost 50 years on this earth. 

Nothing makes me smile like when I sing~ "Count your many blessings name them one by one….." I mean my empty nest becomes a brighter place to be these days when I am naming my blessings one by one.

One of my favorites is ~  "I belong to the King, I'm a child of His love, And He never forsaketh His own: He will call me some day to His palace above, I shall dwell by His glorious throne." I am just imaging what that day will be like~ an eternal Spring. It helps to put in perspective what really matters today. I am so thankful that I am a child of His love. Just think about that for a little while. 

Songs of old that I have learned from my youth have ministered to my soul when the times get tough. They lighten my burden when I feel alone, afraid, misunderstood, rejected, frustrated, overwhelmed and hopeless. 

The other day I was helping by filling in at a church office when I heard beautiful music. It compelled me to follow the beautiful sound into the Sanctuary. A young lady was singing and I closed my eyes and listened to her song as she practiced. It just did my heart good. I believe that's what happens when we sing praises and music to our God. I just imagine He bends His ear to our tune. He leans in a little closer. I bet it even puts a smile on His face. I am just sure it stirs the very heart of God when His children sing to Him even with the simplest of songs such as ~ "Jesus loves me, this I know for the Bible tells me so."

2 comments:

Betsy said...

It must have been the day today. I felt the same when I was doing my morning study. I have a little song book that I picked up and started singing. "Open my eyes that I may see, glimpses of truth thou hast for me." and "Sweet Hour of Prayer" and "This is my Father's World". Songs that we don't hear too often in church anymore but make my heart soar.

Thank you for your thoughts today. I think many hearting are straining at the pure evil of the one who is taking this world as his. We know who wins though and isn't it glorious?

Blessings,
Betsy

Scrappy quilter said...

Carrie you always have the sweetest posts. Thanks for sharing your heart.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details